CH-53 E Academy Built

Hi everyone. I have lurked here for the last 3 years as I have been working on the Academy CH-53 E Super Stallion for my son-in-law who flies them. He and our daughter live in Annapolis, but he is in the reserves out of a New Jersey base. He also was active and did 2 tours of Afghanistan during desert Storm. I made his units markings. They were HMH-462, West Coast Choppers. This is my first helicopter as I usually do cars, 1/43 to 1/12 scale. My first attempt at weathering, and many firsts in building technique. I have learned a lot from the build posts here. I am bringing it to him in April when we go for a visit. I only hope the cat doesn’t knock it off the shelf. Thanks for the help from this forum. 

Perry

DEFA9178-CA3E-4DCF-878D-AE503E145312.jpeg

25A3EDB6-CC46-4522-B41F-690D6F847728.jpeg

On 4/6/2019 at 11:36 AM, Rotorman said:

beautiful

Thanks Oliver. Have been following your super builds. Very inspirational, I have a long way to go, but I enjoy what I can do and always improving. 

Perry

Edited by Gbtr6
27 minutes ago, Gbtr6 said:

Thanks Oliver. Have been following your super builds. Very inspirational, I have a long way to go, but I enjoy what I can do and always improving. 

Perry.

This is one of favorite helo. One helo to be proud of. Please post more of your work. I will be watching.