Star Blazers 2202 Andromeda

Since my other project for this GB is more than half way done I will do a quick build of this kit from Ban Dai.

40537627753_35421f6e8e_o.png01 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

These are small, box scale snap fit kits.  They are pretty detailed and look the part when finished.  I have already built two others so this will fit nicely into my growing fleet.

Els

When I was in middle school in the early 80's there was a kid that I used to walk to school with every day.  He would usually show up at my house a little early and we would watch a morning cartoon before heading off to school.  One day I turned on to the normal channel and Star Blazers was on.  After watching the episode all wide eyed and slack jawed we both looked at each other and said WTF was that.  I remember my friend saying "I think it's one of those Any Mae shows from China or Japan!"  That was THE topic of conversation at school for the next couple of days, this was definitely something different than our usual Scooby Doo.

Since this was an easy build it is done.  I just glued it together, painted the red and white parts, did an oil wash and it was pretty much done.  I did not fill any seams.  It does not come with water slide decals so I thought the stickers would not work but they went on great.  After a couple of coats of Future and some dull coat they look pretty good.

33673389508_29a81d86d4_o.png03 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

33673389378_78b846fe5e_o.png04 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

47497217012_5f5d43d62a_o.png06 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

And here it is with the rest of my growing box scale fleet.  I put a jar of paint in the picture to give a sense of scale to these little ships.  Very easy on the shelf space.

32607569137_f8031ec0a2_o.png07 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

Sorry there aren't really any inprogress shots but the kit is so small that I put it together in about 10 minutes, then another half hour or so to paint it and it was done.

Els

Thanks, they seem to trickle into my LHS so I pick them up whenever I see them.  I would think that they would be everywhere in Tokyo, they must be popular over there.

Els