HeritageCon 2019 Haul

There’s nothing like a good Model Show vendor’s area to separate my money from my wallet! Last weekend (March 23) was the HeritageCon 13 in Hamilton, Ontario’s Warplane Heritage Museum. This is a great show, and there were lots of vendors there plying their wares.

Of course, I managed to find the real treasures! Matchboxes and Snap Fit ‘80s trucks among others were filling my trunk on the way home. Check out my weekend’s take below, and try not to be too jealous!

There’s a  poll, to as to which one is your favourite. I might review the winner sooner than the others, so don’t forget to vote!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/heritagecon-13-haul-march-2019/

hamilton-haul-2019-001.jpg?w=400

Edited by Faust

I remember kicking tires with my dad on a new Bronco exactly like the red one! He ended up passing on it because of his experience with his T-Bird company car at the time. Too bad, because it would have been fun to take to the beach.

Ben

Oh, was that one of the 80-81 T-birds? you know, the weird square ones? I know they weren't very popular for a number of reasons! 

Even though I'm not a huge truck guy, I do like the old '80s Broncos. Do you remember the colour of the interior on that one? 

This years show was excellent as always. However this time the haul was rather small for me. Maybe time has made me pickier then past years. That and the stash is still sizeable from the last 2 shows.

All I bought was a 1/32 CT-133 T bird and a small Star Trek model that was missing some parts.

14 hours ago, Faust said:

Oh, was that one of the 80-81 T-birds? you know, the weird square ones? I know they weren't very popular for a number of reasons! 

Even though I'm not a huge truck guy, I do like the old '80s Broncos. Do you remember the colour of the interior on that one? 

It was a '78 or '79. No power at all. It seemed like it spent more time in the shop than it did on the road. Once, when we were washing it, the spray started to eat the paint off of the front of the car. Dad ended up stripping the entire front fascia, just to see if any of the paint would stick. It's not like the water pressure was all that high. Driving through rain actually started the process.

I can't remember what color the interior was on the Bronco, but I want to say it was tan.

Ben

Man, that's some cruddy paint work! My dad's '76 Torino had to be repainted at least once or twice, I remember. Rusted like it was parked underwater.

"Good old days" indeed! Sheesh...

23 hours ago, fulcrum1 said:

Vendor hauls are what shows are all about!

Heck yeah! I'd say half my stash is from vendor rooms. Better than any hobby shop, since they'be usually got the full width and breadth of subjects and ages!

Still one of my favourite places!

On 3/31/2019 at 2:33 PM, Faust said:

It was popular with OJ!!!

Tim