JHMCS Magnetic Transmitter Unit - In Resin??

Guys, Is there anyone making the JMACS MTU? It would look like it would be the PERFECT 3d printable accessory to have for our Modern USAF/USN aircraft builds.

If there is not, how could we make that happen?

It would be a simple and cheap (I would imagine) and a master for casting would last forever. I'm building the Tamiya f-16CJ in 1/48 and it does not come with one. I would surmise the 1/32 Viper doesn't have one either.

block40JHMCSNirel.jpgThe Magnetic Transmitter Unit is the part of the JHMCS helmet system which tracks the helmet. Someone correct me if I am wrong here. it is the black device which is attached to the interior canopy frame and is wired from there. Now, I have searched for photos and found some, but I do not want to use them without permission. If any of you have one of Jake's more recent books or the Eagle Aviation F-16 book they have a few great photos of it including the wiring etc.

It is very noticeable and is installed on the F-15, F-16 and F/A-18 interior frames. On most 2 seat fighters it is only on the front seat however the GIB on the F/A-18F is getting them now (According to Boeing).

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
On 4/5/2019 at 2:17 AM, jefropas said:

Shawn Hull (Shull24) made the only one I've ever seen....if you can find it...

Jeff

Do you have any idea what product (Item) number it was? I been searching for photos and have not found one. Also, anybody know of any 3d Printer freelancers out there that might be willing to take on making a set of masters in 1/48 & 1/32 scale?

Thanks Guys. I just tried to purchase and although it went into a shopping cart, I cannot complete the transaction for some reason. No checkout screen.

I've email Sierra Hotel before and never got a response. They're always out of stock too.

I'll try emailing again.

Thanks

Shull24's didn't have a part number, I found mine and it said it was a nats bonus. IIRC it was for buying his stuff, sorry. Shouldn't be too bad to scratch I guess, good luck, lotsa refs out there.

Jeff