Vostok/Soyuz Launch Vehicle

I've only seen styrene kits in that scale from Apex and Airfix. 

Airfix re-released theirs a while back.  You might be able to find some if you search.  It was not the best kit of the R-7/Vostok/Soyuz.  The boosters were undersized by quite a bit.  

The Apex kit has been out of production for a long time.  You might find one pop up on E-bay once in a while.  It only came in a Vostok or Sputnik version that I'm aware of.  You would need to get a Soyuz conversion kit from Glenn Johnson at RealspaceModels.com.  The Apex kit is not perfect either.  The engine bells are very simplistic.  When I built the Vostok (and the still in progress Voskhod), I used the engine bells from the Airfix kit.  I also used the second stage separation motors from the Airfix kit on the Apex when I built the Vostok. 

With either one you will need to scratch some antennas since there are not enough in the kit.  I hope that helps some.

Randy

Actually, that helps. I have an old Apex kit, and a newer one from Micro Scale Design. They are basically the same kit. The MSD has parts for a Soyuz TM space craft, but the booster rocket is the same. The whole reason I brought this up is I got the new Good Smile Company Soyuz and Transporter and wanted a more accurate rocket.

Ken.