CD48167 - 1/48 P-51H

Modelsvit has a new tool 1/48 P-51H kit in preparation, and I will definitely do an ANG-centric decal sheet for it. Let me know what you would like to see on it.

Edited by KursadA

Looking forward to this kit (as well as the F-82 they're also talking about!)

I'll of course toss the MASS. ANG hat into the ring...not necessarily the often seen "Irish Air Force" or the "Polish Air Force" P-51Hs but these markings with the flashy yellow trim:

44-64347-zpsvtev8rtz.jpg

RS Models did one in 1/72 scale

Another red trimmed F-51H of the 133rd FIS, NH ANG circa 1952.NH had several "flights" within the squadron, each trimmed with a different color.  I've seen blue, green, and red for P-51Ds/Hs and blue, green, and orange for F-86Ls.  

P51H464377500.jpg

Edited by Dutch
add info
9 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

Here's my 1/72 scale RS Models H with the "flashy yellow" MASS ANG markings from the kit decals:

Wow...very nice work. More flashy than I had anticipated!

I wonder if aircraft 464347 was a one off scheme? Commanders aircraft perhaps? I can't find any other photos of MASS ANG aircraft in those markings outside of 4347.

10 minutes ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Wow...very nice work. More flashy than I had anticipated!

I wonder if aircraft 464347 was a one off scheme? Commanders aircraft perhaps? I can't find any other photos of MASS ANG aircraft in those markings outside of 4347.

If it's like other yellow-marked Mustangs, it's a target tow bird.

My personal choice would be a NJ ANG P-51H. Because that's what I would want to build.  Fin tip and prop spinner were in red.

4.jpg

ee5998312b3d3d485b5b5cb50236c2a2.jpg

But if you ever decided to do another round of P-51D's a good candidate would be West Virginia ANG 44-72948.  It was the last operational Mustang.

last.jpg

last2.jpg

Chris