CD48167 - 1/48 P-51H

• 4 months later...
On 4/4/2019 at 9:03 AM, Dutch said:

RS 1/72 decal sheet to show approximate decal types required for MASS, NH, NJ, PA & TEX ANG special markings.

rs92148b.jpg

So this sheet doesn't have the badge on the port side that you posted above?

Cheers

Phil Hastie

Canberra, Australia

The Nation's Capital

• 2 weeks later...

@82Whitey51,   Andy,  Calm down.  We all make aircraft identification mistakes.  FLA ANG did indeed fly Hs, but those are still nice photos of Ds and the last one of Hs.  

@titan8251,  We all have our ANG state preferences.  I'm a NH guy.  So far, I am not having much luck getting my state's markings in decals other than Caracal 1/72 & 1/144 KC-135R and Draw Decal 1/72 & 1/144 C-124, plus a few kits (1/72 RS P-51H & 1/48 CollectAire F-86L).  So I am content to make my own.    

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Corey said:

The release of this kit seems imminent, any chance this could be produced for a December or January release?

corey

I am working on something and December is definitely doable.

Yes!  I second the Maryland Guard!  Plus those unit badges would come in handy for Maryland F-47’s and F-86’s!  🙂

Univ. of MD grad here - the F-15H sheet will definitely include MD ANG markings. 

000.thumb.JPG.20ab4a7063a81f03e32036f6b3375610.JPG

The Ginter book on the P/F-51H may have a photo in IA ANG markings.  I am 8,000 miles away at the moment, but can check when I return in a fortnight. I do know that IA ANG flew F-51Ds, and left them at Alexandria AFB (later England AFB) in Louisiana in Jan/Feb 1953 when they were demobilized back to state control.  They apparently had F-84s (not sure which mark) waiting for them while the newly reformed 366th FBG/FBW assumed their F-51Ds before receiving F-86F Sabres in another 4-5 months in the summer of '53.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch