ARC Discussion Forums

KursadA

CD48167 - 1/48 P-51H

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

Folks, any idea what the wing markings of this aircraft looked like? Is there anything on it in the Ginter book?

You may have seen this page, same photo plus another, and two more similar aircraft (one in color). 

http://silverhawkauthor.com/warplanes-of-the-second-world-war-preserved-in-the-united-states-of-america-north-american-p51d-mustang_651.html    (Scroll about halfway down)

as Slart mentioned, only the lower wing surfaces are visible and devoid of any markings. 

19 hours ago, habu2 said:

You may have seen this page, same photo plus another, and two more similar aircraft (one in color). 

http://silverhawkauthor.com/warplanes-of-the-second-world-war-preserved-in-the-united-states-of-america-north-american-p51d-mustang_651.html    (Scroll about halfway down)

The color photo is of a P-51D (NACA127) with the tall tail.

It appears NACA used only the fuselage cocardes.

Almost done - I will finish this tonight and post drafts immediately. I was able to fit 9 options on the sheet; with several ANG options (DC, MD, CA, PA), the NACA aircraft that I mentioned, "Ah'm Available", one Tyndall training bird, etc. I hope you will like it.

Awesome!  Any idea when the profiles will be done?  

also, ive asked before, any timeline for the F-82 sheet. I have 3 kits waiting for that sheet!!  

Sean

Very nice! And, my Modelsvit P-51H arrived on my doorstep today!  How's that for karma?

12 hours ago, Dutch said:

Very nice! And, my Modelsvit P-51H arrived on my doorstep today!  How's that for karma?

I’m still waiting. Ordered from Modelsvit back on Dec 16. Still nothing...

Sean

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

Got mine Thursday From Sprue Bros..

I was debating Sprue Bros. But it was almost double the cost of buying direct. I am not in any real rush. I just don’t want it to get lost in the mail. 

Sean

Sean, i had mine on backorder from Hannants since October.  They shipped right after Christmas. Hang in there.  R/ Dutch