Leading Edge 2018 CF-18 Demo Decals

1 hour ago, Rocketdrvr said:

Umm, bit confusing when TwoBob’s is also doing this??

Not sure why it's confusing.  Doing the demo decals isn't exclusive to one decal company.  Plus, it's nice to have a choice.

Man, its too tempting, but I'd have to by another CF-18 kit and I already have a bunch of Leading Edge CF-18 demo decals and kits for them. This scheme does look really nice.

As far as the Two Bobs decals, they look real nice too. One thing I always liked about Leading Edge set is they usually would have a rectangular patch of the main color to be used in matching paints to the correct color, along with paint recommendations or paint mixes. When is comes to the colors used on these birds, I don't think many "out of the bottle" matches are out there. It is especially important if some of the decals are printed in these colors.

22 hours ago, Emvar said:

I'm getting sets from both companies when available. 

Do you want me to order the Leading Edge for you? Split the shipping cost that way.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, Colin K said:

Not sure why it's confusing.  Doing the demo decals isn't exclusive to one decal company.  Plus, it's nice to have a choice.

Never said it was confusing, but it is in one way because Leading Edge hasn’t done any CF-188 Demo Birds in a longgg time!

Also it is nice to see them still producing sheets!  And no one has exclusives, so I never implied this at all.  Just read that TwoBob’s was doing the sheet and I mentioned it never was a exclusive to them.

If someone can’t mention on here about another manufacturer doing a similar product without a 100plus debate starting, then we seriously have a problem?  Right?

14 minutes ago, Rocketdrvr said:

Never said it was confusing, but it is in one way because Leading Edge hasn’t done any CF-188 Demo Birds in a longgg time!

Also it is nice to see them still producing sheets!  And no one has exclusives, so I never implied this at all.  Just read that TwoBob’s was doing the sheet and I mentioned it never was a exclusive to them.

If someone can’t mention on here about another manufacturer doing a similar product without a 100plus debate starting, then we seriously have a problem?  Right?

Sorry.  Wasn't my intent to argue anything.  Leading Edge has been putting out older sheets for about the last year now.

Leading Edge had been doing the artwork, for this scheme, for a major model company.  They decided not to pursue it, so Leading Edge decided to finish the artwork and release the decals, under the Leading Edge banner.

Like I said, it’s nice to see Leading Edge still making sheets.  I really wish they had done last years bird, it’s one of my favourite schemes as a a sheet you could purchase in 1/48 and 1/32 scale.  Those I would have bought in a heartbeat.

Edited by Rocketdrvr
1 minute ago, Rocketdrvr said:

Like I said, it’s nice to see Leading Edge still making sheets.  I really wish they had done last years bird, it’s one of my favourite schemes.

Technically, they did do last years demo jet.  Leading Edge designed the artwork for Kinetic.

Personally, I'd like to build the 2016 demo.