Hasegawa's 1/48 F-22 Raptor with Accessories

This is the start of the Hasegawa 1/48 F-22 Raptor. I will also be using Ares resin cockpit and Eduard photo etch to detail this kit. The F-22 Raptor is fourth generation in stealth aircraft technology by the USAF. It is the first operational aircraft to combine super cruise, super maneuverability, stealth, and sensor fusion in a single weapons platform.

The Ares resin cockpit required the removal of the dash hood/HUD panel so that it can be replaced by the resin part. The nice thing about resin parts is they have much better detail than the injected plastic kit parts. The cockpit tub just required a couple of photo etch parts like the pedals and levers then was painted. For the resin dash I found a photo of the F-22 dashboard for the F-22 simulator. Using Adobe Photoshop I cut and sized the screens to make decals for the resin dash. Once the decals were applied and coat with clear gloss, the dash buttons and controls were painted.

The ejection seat was painted and detailed with the Eduard photo etch parts. After installing the seat into the cockpit tub the cockpit was weathered with dark gray pastel chalk. The dash was then installed into the fuselage and resin details were added to the fuselage for the canopy mating hooks. Next I will be working on the main bomb bay section.

For more photos see my build log at https://davidsscalemodels.com/build-log/1-48-f-22-raptor/

dscn1813.jpg

dscn1815.jpg

dscn1819.jpg

dscn1827.jpg

dscn1831.jpg

dscn1832.jpg

dscn1837.jpg

dscn1852.jpg

19 minutes ago, CWILL1117 said:

Looking really nice on the instrument panel And cockpit. How did you do the instrument panel?

I took the photo of the F-22 dash and cropped the screens, resized them and made decals to fit the screen areas of the resin dash. Put the decals on then coated with clear gloss paint.

All the buttons and knobs are hand painted.