ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
jeffryfontaine

LF 48th scale F-86 Sabre and F-100 Super Sabre Stores Pylons

Posted (edited)

Target audience is the modelers that like to build their subjects sans pylons and stores.  If you are one of this group then I would like to relieve you of your burdens by outright purchase, by trade, or as a gift.  I am looking for the following 1/48th scale F-86/F-100 pylon parts:

From the F-86 Sabre: All stores pylons, especially those pylons intended for the AIM-9 Sidewinder AAM. 

From the F-100 Super Sabre: All stores pylons, especially the inverted "Y" shape inboard pylons for the AIM-9 Sidewinder AAM and the center (under the fuselage) pylon. 

Trade, purchase, gift. 

Edited by jeffryfontaine
emphasis on desired scale

Not sure if my F-86 kit comes with any pylons, but if it does they are yours!

@rcaf*100 - Thanks,

The plan is apply improvements to the Monogram 1/48th scale F-86 and F-100.  The stores pylons provided are a bit soft on details or nonexistant in the case of the Sidewinder launch rail/pylon.  As for the F-100, the inboard pylons are configured for the AGM-12 Bullpup missile and are not simply a matter of cutting away the little bit on the bottom of the pylon to create a bomb rack.  Also the upside down "Y" shape twin Sidewinder and central fuselage stores pylon pylon would be a nice improvement to the Monogram F-100.