1:48 Kinetic CF-188 Canada 150 Scheme

With a bit of trepidation, I present my latest. Second complete model since returning to the hobby as an adult. I learned a lot. Some stuff looks great, and other stuff less great. The SLR camera really brings out the blemishes! Those aside, it looks pretty good in-person.

Is it right that I only have 100kb to upload pictures? How are so many people able to upload a bunch without being forced to use tiny pictures? 

Album link since I cant upload much ---> https://imgur.com/a/qEeSU1b

Next in production for me is Academy's F-111F with a bunch of resin extras. May I put my new-found knowledge to good use!

001 (1).jpg

14 minutes ago, Specter1075 said:

Or maybe 4 at once? 😁

LOL...I am only showing pics of four at once.

MUAHAHAHA

Specter1075, nice work. I am kinda working this one off to the side of the production line. very inspiring.

Nice pics as well.

That's very high praise coming from someone with your knowledge! I'm happy with how it turned out, in spite of the mistakes I made with it. Hopefully my skills will continue to improve with subsequent builds. Ive got a 1:32 Hornet in the stash that I want to do as one of ours that went to Libya. I'm saving it for now until I improve on a few things.

As always, I'll be watching your builds! I hope you'll show off your Canada 150 too, when its ready!

On 4/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, Specter1075 said:

That's very high praise coming from someone with your knowledge! I'm happy with how it turned out, in spite of the mistakes I made with it. Hopefully my skills will continue to improve with subsequent builds. Ive got a 1:32 Hornet in the stash that I want to do as one of ours that went to Libya. I'm saving it for now until I improve on a few things.

As always, I'll be watching your builds! I hope you'll show off your Canada 150 too, when its ready!

Kind words sir, thank you. I will share once complete. no WIP on that one. Looking forward to your next build. As I too have an academy F-111, but it's the EF version.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Good question! I bought a few different reds to try to match as closely as possible, and found that Model Master Italian Red matched the closest.

Hope to see yours soon!

Edited by Specter1075
  • 2 weeks later...

Truth be told, I did rip a few of them, but was able to slide them together well enough to hide it. They are good decals!

I'm a few days away from doing a 1:32 Hornet in the NORAD 60th scheme, so we'll see if I've learned anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...