USS Enterprise NCC-1701 D

Going to start this very small scale Enterprise D I picked up at the Hamilton Hobby show last month. It is missing a few parts and has warped massively over the 30 plus years since it was packaged.

It comes with a hole driller that is battery operated. It has expanded so much the batteries are now 4mm to short.

AQQAA1M.jpg

On 4/14/2019 at 7:56 PM, southwestforests said:

Whaaaat?????? 
That's something I've not heard of before, or even something similar to.

Re-phrase that. The area where the batteries go has expanded. When I put the major parts together I am seeing a great deal of putty is going to be needed.

I have SUCH a bruise on the palm of my hand from drilling out over 500 portholes. Why the crap does a ship that carries just over a thousand people need 500 port holes JUST on the lower decks? The main saucer, neck and the lower part of the secondary hull have yet to start the drilling!

Home made lights seem to work so far.

pegqzip.jpg

It looks like this kit was really made to be lit, except for all the windows.  You should get a nine volt battery clip and solder some alligator clips to it to make it easier to test your lights.

Els

After church and washing the cars for the first time since Christmas....... Got a lot of work done.

The fit here is less then wonderful. As mentioned earlier the model had warped into weird and wonderful proportions since packaging over 30 years ago.

Bit'o putty needed here.

1QGobIy.jpg

But once I got it secure, the rest just fell together. Wiring at this point is ready. I have now found the box that came with the kit is in as bad shape as the wires. Lucky for me my new wire will fit and work fine on a 9 volt. No doubt better then the 4 C cells I was going to use.

uSlfi4m.jpg

Still have to sand the bottom, but the top looks ok. Gloss on my next day off. Think the impulse engines on the primary hull should have been red. However the kit plastic is blue. Too bad the flash of the camera drowns out the hull lights. Trust me. The 1600 plus little holes I drilled in look good. With the lights coming up from behind.

ngE3VCg.jpg