Hi!

I want to build A330-200 but I could find only A330-300 models. Is it good idea to convert Revell's A330-300, by shortening his fuselage and changing the tail?Because I think that it would be very difficult to cut fuselage precisely four times and maybe putting them together won't be enough just with a glue because I think that fuselage will not be so strong as original.

Edited by Layar

The only way to get an A330-200 is to cut up a Revell -300. It is not difficult. You can use the sections of the fuselage you cut out to reinforce the new joins. There will be some adjusting required and some filler .

39465864071_95133cd5e2_b.jpg

You can get a replacement tail from Braz Models, they do 2 versions.

40077791453_b7427a6512_b.jpg

I am building my A330-200 as a KC-30 MRTT and plan to do a Hawaiian Airlines -200 as well one day.

25595483748_e00cec62ec_b.jpg

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Authentic Airliners has all three engine versions of the A330-200 and -300. Spendy? Absolutely. Accurate? The best there is. Period. You can do quite well with the Revell kit, but it isn't 100% accurate, hence the reason that Braz released nose and tail corrections. It all depends upon what you are satisfied with and want to do. For me, the AA kits are simply the best. Kurt, AA"s owner, posts regularly on Airlinercafe.com, if you want to contact him and ask any questions. He's very sociable and helpful with modelers.

https://www.authentic-airliners.de/

Bob