New F-15E Nose Art Photos

Yep!  All 18 of these jets are on the 391st OIR print I did up for the squadron!  Released a little over a month ago, and still available on the Third Offset Designs site. There are some pretty neat designs in the group:

Bold Tigers OIR Print

I’ve also got some nice closeups of the nose art posted on the company FaceBook page as well: 

https://facebook.com/3rdOffset/

Click on “photos” or scroll down a bit, and check out some of our other artwork as well.

What's that big bag stored over the WSO's instrument panel?  Just personal gear for the pilots, snacks and gaming systems for the long flight home?   Never seen large items like that stowed there.

Punisher.jpg?resize=706%2C397&ssl=1

24 minutes ago, 11bee said:

What's that big bag stored over the WSO's instrument panel?  Just personal gear for the pilots, snacks and gaming systems for the long flight home?   Never seen large items like that stowed there.

Punisher.jpg?resize=706%2C397&ssl=1

Yep.  That’s it- very common on deployments/redeployments.  Anything you don’t want to risk in the travel pod (not exactly water proof) and lots of food and snacks.  I always kept my iPads and laptop in the jet too.  

For those who might be interested, in addition to the large, 18x24” print depicting all 18 jets, I now have available maquette prints.  These are 11x17” single subject prints, available for any one of the 18 you choose as your favorite!

Check em out here:  https://third-offset-designs.myshopify.com/collections/maquette/products/391st-bold-tigers-maquette-print

On 4/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, Falconxlvi said:

Yep.  That’s it- very common on deployments/redeployments.  Anything you don’t want to risk in the travel pod (not exactly water proof) and lots of food and snacks.  I always kept my iPads and laptop in the jet too.  

Thanks Falcon, good to know.   I had figured something like that would be a hazard if you ever had to eject.    

At least you are able to make a long flight a bit more comfortable. Must be seriously uncomfortable on those flights.

55 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Probably more interesting than being in a Herc going across the Atlantic. Did it one time and I hated every minute of it.

Not really man.  You can’t stand up, you are wearing a super uncomfortable poopy (survival suit) and although you are going faster than a Herc, you aren’t going that fast because you are staying with a KC-10/135 and refueling about every hour.  The helmet gets nice and toasty after a few hours and the mask, despite taking breaks with it off and on, isn’t the most comfortable after a few hours either.  Taking a leak is a “by feel” act of faith with all the extra gear and poopy suit you have on.   After awhile, your right armrest is about 4 filled piddle packs.  You are also cross-checking or looking left or right for hours on end depending on what side of the tanker you are on.   On the way overseas, you are also fried because you took off at midnight to land in the evening in Europe.  Haha, I mean, it’s a 10 hr flight at 310 knots and a whole lot of water from Mountain Home.  After landing, you pretty much slither out of the cockpit because you are mentally shot and have been sitting for about 11 hrs total.  Generally, you are soaked with sweat.   I’ve flown the F-15E over twice and taken a C-17 and a 747 back twice.   After checking it off the list, I much prefer the ride in the big jet 😜

Sorry if that took the glamour away 😆

Steve

qHuqrcB.jpg

Edited by Falconxlvi
2 hours ago, 11bee said:

Thanks Falcon, good to know.   I had figured something like that would be a hazard if you ever had to eject.    

At least you are able to make a long flight a bit more comfortable. Must be seriously uncomfortable on those flights.

There is “legal” and there is ”necessary” when it comes to cockpit stowage 😉