Academy 1/144 B-1B Lancer #12620 - New Mold Kit Release

Thanks...to be specific...I'm looking for the internal diameter of the opening defined at the red arrows on the image below... since the exhaust needs to fit inside of the opening...  A pic of the opening would help too...to see if there is anything to stop the 3d part against.

2019-05-05-16-42-06.jpg

Apologies about going MIA.  Work got buys for a few days.  I can try to get a quick iPhone picture posted later, but at the moment here are the measurements.  Measurements are with a bargain ish digital caliper (good, but not amazing) at 3 locations around the diameter and averaged. 

Outer diameter (flush with nacelles): 0.397" (0.402", 0.395", 0.395")

Inner diameter (to slide nozzle in): 0.326" (0.329", 0.326", 0.324")

Depth: no hard stop

There are locating tabs at 12 and 6 o'clock that are 0.036" to a depth of 0.242"

SapGuy, any chance we can get a set of these to fit the old Dragon kit? Have one in the stash that could benefit greatly from a set. I plan on getting a set for my new Academy Bone when it arrives.

Dave Fassett

Yes, i could definitely resize them to fit.... I just need some specific info to do so.... I just need the dimensions below.... in mm if possible.

just give me :

w=

x=

y=

z=

And I should be able to resize to fit.

2019-05-13_08-13-03.jpg

Edited by sapguy
additions
12 hours ago, sapguy said:

Yes, i could definitely resize them to fit.... I just need some specific info to do so.... I just need the dimensions below.... in mm if possible.

just give me :

w=

x=

y=

z=

And I should be able to resize to fit.

2019-05-13_08-13-03.jpg

Can Do. I will have the measurements for you tomorrow. Thank you Sir.

Ok, so here are the measurements you needed. There is no W or Z measurements, Dragons resin burner cans get glued to a flat surface. They are not keyed or indexed in any way, and there is no exhaust trunking. They do how ever have the burner rings and exhaust turbines present in their resin cans. So here is the Y and X measurements.

W= 0

X= .705mm

Y= 9.35mm

Z= 0

Please let me know if you need anything else, and thank you.

Dave Fassett

1 hour ago, Bulldog 09 said:

Ok, so here are the measurements you needed. There is no W or Z measurements, Dragons resin burner cans get glued to a flat surface. They are not keyed or indexed in any way, and there is no exhaust trunking. They do how ever have the burner rings and exhaust turbines present in their resin cans. So here is the Y and X measurements.

W= 0

X= .705mm <------ I'm assuming there is an error here....????

Y= 9.35mm

Z= 0

Please let me know if you need anything else, and thank you.

Dave Fassett

See comment in quote.

Is X the overall length, or the difference in diameter from Y to the diameter at the exhaust end of the burner can? If it is the over all length then it is 8.10mm. So here are the dimensions I have for the can. Over all length is 8.10mm, Y end is 9.35mm, outlet end of exhaust is 7.69mm. Hopefully this will help.

Dave Fassett

3 hours ago, sapguy said:

Sorry for the mix up.... I didn't notice that my dimensions were not appropriately called off in the right location.  Regardless, they are posted on Shapeways now.

http://shpws.me/Rf6s

Not a problem, and thank you again for taking the time to make those. 

Dave Fassett

19 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

that's probably a typo by a foreigner that doesn't think that $539 is an insane amount because their currency is valued differently than ours... most likely is was going to be 53.99

I don't know. I seen a lot of insane prices posted eBay. There is one guy, I think from Japan, that posts quite a number of auctions that are all around 200% to 300% of the MSP. How he expects to sell when the same product is available at much cheaper prices right there on eBay.  What can one say, eBay is a crazy world :dontknow:

On 5/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, sapguy said:

Sorry for the mix up.... I didn't notice that my dimensions were not appropriately called off in the right location.  Regardless, they are posted on Shapeways now.

http://shpws.me/Rf6s

Order sent for both the Academy and Dragon sets. Looking forward to using them on my builds.

Dave Fassett

• 2 weeks later...