Top Gun 2 plot tidbit from a very credible source

Semi-related - got a friend who’s a maintainer in an East-coast SH squadron.   A good number of his buds on the west coast met Mr Cruise during the filming of this epic.    To a man, they described Mr Cruise with a two-word phrase.  

First word starts with D, second word starts with B.   

7 hours ago, jpk said:

I thought that was the case but you never know sometimes with the military. I thought the F-117 was gone completely. There were the very public photos of airframes being chewed up but then they've recently been shown that the airforce has kept some airframes flyable.

The difference is that the F-117 was retired and they were very open about putting them into storage. 

The F-14, however, was also very publicly disabled and destroyed. 

So back to the Plot. In the Trailer at one point he was wearing what looked like a U-2 Pilot suit so in my story He over fly's Iran gets shot down like Gary Powers. but he evades capture and steals the Last remaining flyable Tomcat and heads to the safety of the USS Ford 🤣 :chain-gun:

Off topic, but someone mentioned the F-117 and I remembered watching this video from a few months ago:

Happy modeling all!

Don

At least a couple of F-117s have been spotted this month over the eastern California, western Nevada ranges. Some have speculated that they're participating in Red Flag in some manner. :dontknow:

I guess at least one appears to have a different looking camo scheme.

-Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
37 minutes ago, GreyGhost said:

At least a couple of F-117s have been spotted this month over the eastern California, western Nevada ranges. Some have speculated that they're participating in Red Flag in some manner. :dontknow:

I guess at least one appears to have a different looking camo scheme.

-Gregg

If interested in this from a modeling perspective, Wolfpack, an aftermarket decal manufacturer, just released markings for one of these recently spotted -117's, complete with a new "Dark Knights" logo on the tail.    Details over on the jet forum.   Definitely some interesting stuff still happening with these aircraft.

22 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

The difference is that the F-117 was retired and they were very open about putting them into storage. 

The F-14, however, was also very publicly disabled and destroyed. 

Destruction of retired F-117's is going slow (per TheWarZone).  My guess is they are carefully dismantling them to preserve the technology.

Keep 2-4 flyable shouldn't be difficult when you have 20 parts birds in the next hanger.

I would also think they could be used to develop stealth/counter-stealth technology.

On 7/25/2019 at 4:47 PM, viper730 said:

So back to the Plot. In the Trailer at one point he was wearing what looked like a U-2 Pilot suit so in my story He over fly's Iran gets shot down like Gary Powers. but he evades capture and steals the Last remaining flyable Tomcat and heads to the safety of the USS Ford 🤣 :chain-gun:

So, it says Top Gun 2 but we’re really just getting Iron Eagle IV.  

Rick L 

DB? dirty boy? especially after the  volleyball game   hahahah  Iron Eagle 4 would be awesome, wasn't here already a 4 with doug masters returning and being a butt,   Iron Eagle V, Doug Masters escapes from a Russian Prison with the help of that hot pilot chick from IE 2, they steal a Mig-31 and shoot down her ex-BF, then doug flies the SR-71 and finally he becomes an instructor and aggressor pilot, at no time does he have sex with a really scary lesbian with a mans name,  or kill any WSOs  although he does call his back seater in the blackbird, JAFO

On 7/26/2019 at 11:40 AM, 11bee said:

If interested in this from a modeling perspective, Wolfpack, an aftermarket decal manufacturer, just released markings for one of these recently spotted -117's, complete with a new "Dark Knights" logo on the tail.    Details over on the jet forum.   Definitely some interesting stuff still happening with these aircraft.

I'll check that out, thanks for the head's up 11! :thumbsup:

-Gregg

On 7/25/2019 at 11:22 AM, 11bee said:

Semi-related - got a friend who’s a maintainer in an East-coast SH squadron.   A good number of his buds on the west coast met Mr Cruise during the filming of this epic.    To a man, they described Mr Cruise with a two-word phrase.  

First word starts with D, second word starts with B.   

An old buddy of mine was an IP with the Tomcat RAG when they were filming the original,

and he said pretty much the same thing. Most of the extras in the classroom scenes were

his star--struck students.