CD72090 - 1/72 P-3 Orion Part 1

Roy,  I think Scale-master released a set when Hasegawa first released the kit ~1990, #SM-27.  However, I think if you look up the other P-3 Orion thread on the Caracal Forum you will find that Kursad said he would do the Marlins markings.  Hang in there!  K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch
add link
On 10/19/2020 at 3:42 PM, Dutch said:

Roy,  I think Scale-master released a set when Hasegawa first released the kit ~1990, #SM-27.  However, I think if you look up the other P-3 Orion thread on the Caracal Forum you will find that Kursad said he would do the Marlins markings.  Hang in there!  K/r, Dutch

Read it thanks. Actually he said he won't be.... 😞 😪

Kursad,

Any chance of having a US Navy Low Viz markings option on the sheet?  One with Low Viz US national markings as well as the unit markings.  

I think I have seen an all gray scheme with full color national & unit markings in a Hasegawa boxing and that doesn't strike my fancy.

Anyway, could you include a Low Viz scheme on the sheet too.

Thanks,

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA 

Edited by Bo105flyer
needed to add something
52 minutes ago, Bo105flyer said:

Kursad,

Any chance of having a US Navy Low Viz markings option on the sheet?  One with Low Viz US national markings as well as the unit markings.  

I think I have seen an all gray scheme with full color national & unit markings in a Hasegawa boxing and that doesn't strike my fancy.

Anyway, could you include a Low Viz scheme on the sheet too.

Thanks,

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA 

Do you mean the current/latest color scheme? There are a couple of options in this scheme on the sheet. I haven't seen too many photos in the scheme you described, so perhaps some examples could help. The design is mostly finished, but I will try to add one if there is any space left.

Edited by KursadA
2 hours ago, KursadA said:

Do you mean the current/latest color scheme? There are a couple of options in this scheme on the sheet. I haven't seen too many photos in the scheme you described, so perhaps some examples could help. The design is mostly finished, but I will try to add one if there is any space left.

Orion.usnavy.750pix.jpg

On 10/23/2020 at 10:39 PM, Bo105flyer said:

Something like this aircraft I found on the internet.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

Steve, That scheme is known as the Tactical Paint Scheme (TPS).  The newer "lo-viz" scheme is actually overall gloss light gull grey with reduced sized markings in black. K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch
correct spelling
50 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Steve, That scheme is known as the Tactical Paint Scheme (TPS).  The newer "lo-viz" shceme is actually overall gloss light gull grey with reduced sized markings in black. K/r, Dutch

Thanks Dutch, that it Tactical Paint Scheme (TPS). that is a scheme that I would like to see.  I have no preference on unit so if anybody has one they want to suggest, post it here.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

Edited by Bo105flyer
needed to add my name
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/13/2021 at 9:36 PM, Dutch said:

👍 (Man these emojis are weak!)  Fingers crossed that one or both sheets will be released this year! 

I'm also hoping for a new kit of one released too...maybe Zvezda will jump on it if their C-130 sales are good.

• 3 months later...

Hey Kursad,

I thought I’d bring this thread out of the basement, dust it off, and see if this sheet is on your radar at all? If you could resurrect it, there are many in model build land who’d be happy campers with the prospect of this release. 

Thanks for your consideration. 

Very close now - I have been working on the complex B-47 and P-3 projects at the same time. The B-47 sheet (CD72091) is almost ready to go to print now and should be available in August, and the P-3 in the next batch after that.

Obviously too late for the first sheet, but maybe a candidate for any further releases is VP-67, they had a couple of interesting schemes.

FC7334F0-5DE9-4084-8644-8D7D3E6AEC76.jpeg

3B4B7377-5A2B-43F0-AD0E-4D38E80E12ED.jpeg

Edited by scotthldr
  • 3 months later...