CD72090 - 1/72 P-3 Orion Part 1

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Skyraider0609 said:

Hey Kursad

Every time I see your monthly email regarding new releases in my inbox, I open it with hopeful anticipation that the P-3 sheets will be included. Every month I go from 😀 to 😞 

Any predictions on when the Orion decals make it to the printers? 

Skyraider, I know how you feel. I was the same way about the C-135 sheets. I went form 😃 to 😔 each month, but now I am 🤪.  Patience! K/r Dutch

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, Skyraider0609 said:

Hey Kursad

Every time I see your monthly email regarding new releases in my inbox, I open it with hopeful anticipation that the P-3 sheets will be included. Every month I go from 😀 to 😞 

Any predictions on when the Orion decals make it to the printers? 

👆 I'm currently building the Hasegawa kit and really need new decals.

48 minutes ago, Wolfgun33 said:

👆 I'm currently building the Hasegawa kit and really need new decals.

My Hasegawa Orion looks very sad sitting on the shelf in the closet while it waits for the Caracal 1/72 P-3 sheet. 😔 I'll take it down for the top of the queue when I can do the VP-48 version. 🤞

18 hours ago, Skyraider0609 said:

How does that kit go together? Any issues with it? Nice work on yours, btw. I'm jealous of your well organized work bench!!

Thanks! Surprisingly, the kit goes together really well for a kit of it's age. So far, any issues I've had have been of my doing.

I get very OCD about my bench. It's almost always clean and organized. What you don't see are my build all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if the stencil sheet will have the following...

• Red/white prop tip markings.
  • The numbers for the individual sonobuoy tubes.
  • Yellow decals for the leading edge of the wings(?)
  • Wing-walk decals? (These are pretty big)

Just having a separate stencil sheet is worth the cost. The old superscale decals are very hard to find now, and VERY expensive.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Since this sheet is not yet complete it's a bit premature to talk about what is on the stencilling sheet, but if you are familiar with some of my products for larger aircraft such as the B-52 and B-1, you already know they all have separate stencilling sheets. The P-3 one will definitely have the wing walkways; as these are rather complex in shape and can not easily be made from striping. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 1:07 PM, KursadA said:

Since this sheet is not yet complete it's a bit premature to talk about what is on the stencilling sheet, but if you are familiar with some of my products for larger aircraft such as the B-52 and B-1, you already know they all have separate stencilling sheets. The P-3 one will definitely have the wing walkways; as these are rather complex in shape and can not easily be made from striping. 

Regarding the wing walkways: I know they are big, and take up a lot of sheet space but you might consider offering them in different colors. You see them in black on early schemes, gray on later, and light gray to nearly white on some other schemes.