CD72091 - 1/72 B-47 Stratojet

Hi,

This is going to be another awesome package from Caracal.:thumbsup:

Kursad,

As we are now past the 1st of July and the new rules are in force in the EU, do you plan to continue to sell directly to customers in the EU?

I believe you had to stop selling directly to UK customers when they got their new rules earlier this year.

I have received a package from the USA after the 1st of July...I had to pay, but that was always a possibility.

Cheers, Stefan. 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:29 PM, Stefan buysse said:

As we are now past the 1st of July and the new rules are in force in the EU, do you plan to continue to sell directly to customers in the EU?

I believe you had to stop selling directly to UK customers when they got their new rules earlier this year.

I have received a package from the USA after the 1st of July...I had to pay, but that was always a possibility.

The EU adopted a far more reasonable approach than the UK, and I intend to join the IOSS (import one-stop shop) scheme in September. Until then, all shipments to the EU are sent outside the IOSS scheme and you will have to be responsible for taxes / fees on delivery.

This is what the complete set will look like - as I mentioned before, 20 options, structural markings (windows for B-47B/TB-47B/RB-47H etc.), even JATO bottle markings (for the more common 15 KS-1000 type).  I am very busy with shipping preorders this week and will post a complete list and profiles when it gets closer to release in late August or September. This was a complicated set to pull off, and once the initial batch is gone; it will probably be gone for good, or until someone releases a new kit.

Going by memory - probably a few errors in this listing; but here goes:

• B-47E  51-5232, 22th BW, 1956 GE Trophy Winner
  • B-47E  52-0208, 9th BW
  • B-47E  52-0344, 509th BW
  • B-47E  53-2134 "City of Lincoln", 307th BW, 1959 SAC Competition Winner
  • B-47E  53-2135, 301st BW
  • B-47E  53-2199 "City of Orlando II, 321st BW, 1957 SAC Competition Winner
  • B-47E  51-5219, Rascal missile launch platform
  • B-47B 51-2084, 22th BW
  • B-47B 51-2212 ("square P" on tail)
  • B-47B 51-2318, of "Strategic Air Command" movie fame
  • WB-47E  51-2363
  • DB-47B 51-2186, Rascal missile carrier
  • TB-47B 51-2163
  • JQB-47E 53-4256
  • RB-47H 53-4296
  • JTB-47B 50-0037
  • JB-47E 52-0514
  • EB-47L  BuNo. 24100, US Navy
  • B-47E 53-1905 "State of New Hampshire", 100th BW
  • B-47E 51-7059, 380th BW
  • RASCAL missile markings (two schemes)
  • 15 KS-1000 JATO bottle markings

cd72091.jpg cd72091b.jpg

cd72091c.jpg cd72091d.jpg

Edited by KursadA
On 7/25/2021 at 8:56 PM, Gator52 said:

Spectacular; I think I should order an extra copy to frame and hang on the wall!

Thanks for doing these-

Chris

Definately frameable. I'm no longer interested in 1/72, but may be tempted back. And DEFINETELY NEED A COUPLE SHEETS just for the WADC badges for a 1/48 F-100A.

Edited by sierrascale
2 hours ago, MarkN said:

So, your last comment wasn’t clear to me. Are you accepting pre orders for this set now?

Not yet, sorry. As I saw once more this month with the loss of my FJ-3 sheets in transit from the printer, too many things can go wrong before I have the decals ready to ship.

I should be able to start shipping these sometime in mid-September.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:34 AM, KursadA said:

even JATO bottle markings (for the more common 15 KS-1000 type). 

Hi, Kursad.

Are these the ones that are in the Fisher B-47 JATO bottle horse rack set? I don't know of any other 1/72 JATO bottles. 

A 1/144 version of this sheet would also be very welcome for me.

Cheers, Stefan.

56 minutes ago, Stefan buysse said:

Are these the ones that are in the Fisher B-47 JATO bottle horse rack set? I don't know of any other 1/72 JATO bottles. 

No - Fisher chose to depict the far rarer 14AS-1000 for whatever reason. The 15KS-1000 seems to be the more common and long-lived (still in service) type and I chose to provide markings for this type.

Plus Model has resin 15 KS-1000 engines and I hope someone will make a more sensible B-47 JATO pack with this type in the future.

10 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Go with Plus Model and custom build the rack.  Fisher Model & Pattern is out of business after the Paradise fire in 2018.

Hi, Dutch.

I know...Paul Fisher and I are FB friends.

I have the Fisher set. That's a lot of bottles! I take it that the 15 KS-1000 bottles are bigger and that there are fewer of them.

I'll have to look into how they are arranged on the B-47.

Cheers, Stefan. 

47 minutes ago, engineman said:

Kursad

Do you have any  any idea on how to replicate the built in RATO panels on The early B models? Perhaps someone could design a conversion for an early B .   

I don't know - I don't design my decals with only the existing kits & accessories in mind : I try to come up with a design that will hold up in the developing market and hopefully should still be in demand in the future as I reprint and keep selling my older designs.  

The existence of decals should hopefully encourage someone to design a simple 3D designed part and sell it. I will mention the opportunity to the few such businesses I collaborate with.

Edited by KursadA

Perhaps a simple RATO panel could be designed and 3-D printed to fit the fuselage side?  I am not volunteering, too busy.  But a worthy effort.

Here are some close ups.  Notice that each bottle has a stub that sits proud on the fuselage side.

b-47b_rato1.JPG.0b79b2a0c2bf3a4ed8cad7376bb1ccfc.JPG

b-47b_rato2.JPG.42d4f055bfe15b59e3d5d9bf67497356.JPG

Edited by Dutch
Add photos

So where exactly were they supposed to drop these racks without creating carnage?  Inside the fence?  Was there an area beyond each runway end?  Seems like the first accurate drop the crew had to make on a JATO mission was rack disposal. As a fellow ag producer, I know I wouldn’t want these raining down on my property.  Wartime, sure. But did the B-47 wings not

practice this regularly except for certain more remote locations?

Rick L. 

Per my understanding 

Per dad , each b-47 base had a jettison collar zone , it was a combat crew currency requirement . Think if it like a drop  zone.

in reality the RATO was really only needed by B-47s on reflex alert in the UK and Spain . Most photos seem to confirm the reflex alert birds had the RATO collars attached 

Edited by engineman