CD72091 - 1/72 B-47 Stratojet

Half of the amount that I allocated to retail sale were preordered in the first 24 hours. When these are gone, I will need to disable preorders so I have enough to sell to the resellers.

Thanks for your interest in this set - equally comprehensive new sets like the  B-36 (now in 1/144, later 1/72) and the P-3 are on the way! 

8 hours ago, Dutch said:

Kursad, A new candidate for your fastest selling sheet?  

I'd like to think that my decals are like the kids in Garrison Keillor's (still hoping he can come back from the #metoo hell he has been banished to) Lake Wobegon where "every child is above average". But yeah - some of them are really above average, and the B-47 sheet looks like a Hall of Fame candidate so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, I just finished packing all orders with 72091 and they will be on their way to you when USPS picks them up this weekend. After the reseller orders are shipped in early December, it looks like the B-47 sheet will be almost sold out - making this one of the fastest selling sets I have ever released. Thanks for your interest, and I hope you like the decals when you receive them next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Kursad,

First glance, OUTSTANDING WORK!  Simply beautiful and comprehensive sheet.  My top two choices are: 509th BW with red arrow on the tail or 100th BW "State of New Hampshire." It's tough to decide.  I like many of the other options also.  I have (5) 1/144 B-47 kits, so I will add WB-47E, & RB-47H to these first two options as well.  And one of the "Winners" when you release the 1/144 set.  Thanks for making this decal, Kursad.

K/r,

Dutch   

Wholeheartedly concur with Dutch - GREAT JOB!  I'd like to do a 'line bird', so will likely do the "red arrow" version for some color.  But also very tempted to do the Wright Air Development Center option with the red/yellow triangles.  I live about 12 miles from Wright-Patterson AFB - formerly Wright Field - where this jet would have been stationed.

Still waiting on them to clear the Omaha facility and take its place on the covered freight wagon heading west. I’ve begun fitting a Pavla resin cockpit into the kit, which is not going real well. It will be finished in the GE Speed Run markings. 

Rick L. 

Still waiting on mine as well.   I have plans to build RB-47H "4296" and then will need to source a second kit to build "2134" - "City of Lincoln" from the 307BW.   Once the 1/144 sheet comes out, I'll need several as I have a huge stash of B-47 kits in the pile.

Edited by Drifterdon

Got mine today; really seems like I should frame it instead of cutting it up…the TB-47B and movie B-47 are probably my favorites…I’ll do one in 1/72 and the other in 1/144. 

Thanks for producing this spectacularly comprehensive set!

Chris

On 12/4/2021 at 8:39 PM, Dutch said:

On second thought, when you print the 1/144 sheet. I will definitely do Jimmy Stewart's B-47B from "Strategic Air Command" to go along with his B-36D and the C-124 in 1/144 scale.

Don't forget Gen Hawks' Central Airlines DC-3...

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today from Hannants, the re-seller based in the UK. An absolute work of art, up there with the Caracal B-58 decals that were released a few years ago. Now I know why I have kept a Hasegawa B-47 kit in the stash for upwards of 40 years! Thank you for option 3 B-47E 52-0344 which was deployed to the UK in 1959.

• 2 weeks later...

My B-47 sheet arrived today along with several others. First impressions……. Good lord man! What an impressive sheet!

The artwork and detail is simply amazing.

Kursad, you’re arguably putting out the best products on the market today! Keep up the great work.

Thank you!