CD144020 - 1/144 SAC B-52 Part 1

9 hours ago, KursadA said:

Yes, I had delayed this sheet when I heard rumors of an Academy B-52G/H. Now that the GWH kit is here, I will quickly finalize it and try to release it in a couple of months.

Most excellent news.   I have a couple in the build pile that are just waiting for these decals.

• 3 months later...

Working on this one - do you think the window markings should remain the same? I designed them for the Revell kits, and I think the GWH and Academy kits have good transparencies and may not acutely need window decals as the Revell kits do. 

20 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

any other sheets as well, especially if we can get a SAC version

You will have to find / add the 20mm M61 to the tail (and possibly shorten the tail empenage) for a SAC-era bird if you use either the GWH or Academy kits as these kits depict current Hs minus the gun.

10736336a2.thumb.jpg.fdfcead5329988e02237a452929d663f.jpg

GWH kit.

10759948a2.thumb.jpg.0beaf70c51b5a94fbd1cf53cff16ecbd.jpg

Academy kit.

Edited by Dutch
  • 2 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 1:17 PM, KursadA said:

Working on this one - do you think the window markings should remain the same? I designed them for the Revell kits, and I think the GWH and Academy kits have good transparencies and may not acutely need window decals as the Revell kits do. 

Leave the windscreen decals.  Some of us may want to put these on a converted Revell G or H.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It will be coming in February/March 2023 with 10-11 options on it; including a few Secret Squirrel aircraft. It ended up being mostly G's and a few H's.

Four of the options are from those covered on CD72077, the others are new and will also be on CD72097 which is part of the same batch of releases.

2 hours ago, Gator52 said:

That sounds great, thanks for doing these.  Can you tell me if Carswell made the cut for 144020?

Chris

Yes - and with style, I might add.

16477770277_80ce8fb535.jpg

Edited by KursadA