VFA-151 2002 Constellation Deployment Photos

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some photos of VFA-151 F/A-18C's aboard the Conny for OIF.  I'm building my Kinetic F/A-18C in VFA-151 low viz markings and was trying to find some pictures for combat loadouts and weathering.  I'm finding a lot of photos of their E super hornets, older photo's in the 90's, or shore based.  But I am not finding much on Google search from their combat deployment. 

Thank you!  I have a hard time finding specific time periods on navy.mil.  Search engine seems to work well for airframes and squadrons, but hard to pick a set time.

Looks like I definitely get justification to make them dirty.  Now I just need to find some a good mud moving loadout.  More my sort of business compared to the air-to-air loaded up with AMRAAMs.

I wish I found more for you but there seemed to be a lack of photos from that particular cruise. There are a few more photos of VFA-137 though. I went into the  "Aircraft" album, selected the "First Page" and worked my way forward selecting "Previous".

-Gregg

Thank you all for the replies.  Would anyone care to hazard an interpretation as to what is on the starboard middle pylon in this picture?

web_030321-N-0295M-004.jpg

Left wing is a Maverick, but can't tell the right.  Looks like just a single drop tank on the right inboard.  I think I see an ATFLIR hanging on the intact pylon, but again, cloudy angle. 

2 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

Thank you all for the replies.  Would anyone care to hazard an interpretation as to what is on the starboard middle pylon in this picture?

web_030321-N-0295M-004.jpg

Left wing is a Maverick, but can't tell the right.  Looks like just a single drop tank on the right inboard.  I think I see an ATFLIR hanging on the intact pylon, but again, cloudy angle. 

Kind of looks like another Maverick.  It's comparable in size to the one on the left wing, and though it's distorted quite a bit by the exhaust, it seems like the fins are sticking out at similar angles.  

Thank Collin and GW8345.  The photo GW linked has the centerline fuel tank on, but the link of navy.mil for the VFA-151 bird off the cat seems to have an empty centerline station.  Is this possible/reasonable?  It's not a great camera angle admittedly to determine that.  I thought they almost always loaded goofy double fuel tank, not just a single starboard tank.

Edited by ESzczesniak
1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

Thank Collin and GW8345.  The photo GW linked has the centerline fuel tank on, but the link of navy.mil for the VFA-151 bird off the cat seems to have an empty centerline station.  Is this possible/reasonable?  It's not a great camera angle admittedly to determine that.  I thought they almost always loaded goofy double fuel tank, not just a single starboard tank.

I never ever saw in my airwing a Hornet without two or more tanks. Slick Hornets for airshows, but ANY Ops off the boat had two tanks minimum. 

Cheers

Collin

Edited by Collin
2 hours ago, Collin said:

Thank you again!  Think I'll be doing the goofy tanks, ATFLIR, GBU-12, and likely AGM-65 (but I've liked the couple with the GBU-38 instead).

Any sense as to weather or not Hornets of this time frame would have the dual chaff dispensors on the intake?  I think that's the last option I need to pick out on the Kinetic Hornet. 

25 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

Thank you again!  Think I'll be doing the goofy tanks, ATFLIR, GBU-12, and likely AGM-65 (but I've liked the couple with the GBU-38 instead).

Any sense as to weather or not Hornets of this time frame would have the dual chaff dispensors on the intake?  I think that's the last option I need to pick out on the Kinetic Hornet. 

Depending on time frame you are doing would depend on GBU-38's being loaded, they did not get cleared on the F-18C/D until some time between 2005 and 2007. (they are not in the 2005 TACMAN but are in the first NATIP edition published in 2007)

15 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Depending on time frame you are doing would depend on GBU-38's being loaded, they did not get cleared on the F-18C/D until some time between 2005 and 2007. (they are not in the 2005 TACMAN but are in the first NATIP edition published in 2007)

Understood, no GBU-38 then (2002-2003 time frame with VFA-151 for me). 

Now I just need to figure out the single vs double chaff/flare dispensers on the intake. Otherwise she’s just about ready for paint. 

6 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

GBU-12/AGM-65E and two tanks was your typical loadout that still allowed fuel for recovery. Make sure your Maverick is a laser variant. Clear nose, “LASER” wording on the nose. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/p9X843rN6PNxRQbdA

US_Navy_041128-N-5345W-016_Aviation_Ordn

How was the Kinetic Hornet to build?  I have heard the nose can be a challenge. 

Cheers

Collin

6 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

Understood, no GBU-38 then (2002-2003 time frame with VFA-151 for me). 

Now I just need to figure out the single vs double chaff/flare dispensers on the intake. Otherwise she’s just about ready for paint. 

Single chaff dispenser.