Sepecat Jaguar GR3.A / GR1.A in 1/12th Scale

2 hours ago, salomon said:

Just amazing, I love your build.

By the way I have a question; is there a lot of sanding work with this 3d printing process?

Thanks!

There is quite a bit of work to do on the fdm prints, the resin prints no much to do except remove supports and light surface touch ups.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

Got a good bit of the cockpit done.

Construction article here…

Had a great time working on this. I’ll say this is the first time I’ve added dust and dirt to a model cockpit.  Many photos of these jets show a good bit of dust and dirt and nothing ventured nothing gained so I went for it.  Photos exaggerate the effect, mostly because with so much black paint lots of contrast is needed to see details.

PartLayout.jpg?format=2500w

MilledPanels.jpg?format=2500w

RudderPedals.jpg?format=2500w

PaintedParts.jpg?format=2500w

SidePanels.jpg?format=2500w

LeftAndCenterConsoles.jpg?format=2500w

RightConsoleFinished.jpg?format=2500w

AssembledLeft.jpg?format=2500w

AssembledRight.jpg?format=2500w

AssembledFront.jpg?format=2500w

AssembledAft.jpg?format=2500w

Hey what’s a tank doing here?  Read the article….

Magach.jpg?format=2500w

Thanks for checking in guys…

Cheers,

Timmy!

No way, those are pics of the real thing, yes? 

Just amazing work. I really had to look at the photos close. I honestly thought you had inserted some photos of the real thing. Your work is nothing short of masterful.

Timmy,

Is it just me or are others as dumbfounded as I feel? I surmise those photos are of the

kit parts, but its difficult telling the difference between the model and the real-deal. I'm

almost lost for words, or have temporally forgotten how to properly express myself. So

continue doing what you do and I'll just watch and be amazed!

21 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Gorgious paint job, Tim!  Looks very realistic!  What do you call that thing on the lower left side -- the one with the coiled cable?  I see it on pics of other aircraft -- is it a hand-held microphone?

The technical name is a utility light, but also known as a grimes light.  Not sure how it works on the Jag but in the planes and helicopters I flew, the light has a dimmer and beam adjustments and you could change color, white to red or white to blue on night vision goggle compatible cockpits.  It’s basically a wired flashlight, it pops out holder and the pilot can use it to find stuff or read his kneeboard.  

Timmy!

• 10 months later...