Hobbyboss 1/48 Su-34 vs. Kittyhawk 1/48 Su-34?

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

One thing to note - if you aren't a fan of buying lots of aftermarket weaponry then it is worth noting that KittyHawk delivers you a ton of different, also heavy missiles! The catch is - they only give you 2 x AKU-58 pylons (which are used for most of those heavy thingies). Su-34 have 7 hardpoints which could carry weapons on AKU-58, yet among all those 6 full sized weapon sprues you can only find 2. Then I checked Hobby Boss recently, and they offer 8 of them...

KittyHawk provides 2 x MER pylons for 6 small sized bombs, but there are only maximum 4 bombs of one type like OFAB-100-120 in this case, so you won't fill even one. Hobby Boss offers 12 of them so full load.

Then we go to AA missiles, KittyHawk delivers you many options for R-27 (R/ER/T/ET), 2 long bodies and 2 short ones. The catch again is you can only build 2 of them, as there are enough fins for only 2 missiles, and even if you scratch those there are 2 AKU-470 pylons included vs. parts for 8 missiles and 4 pylons in HobbyBoss.

Not to mention that KH instruction does not cover all the weaponry, loadout scheme is useless and you need to search internet for info which pylon to use with desired weapon (or go to HB intruction). 

I was all ok with KH till this point, but the weaponry is definitely a bad side of the kit. If this is the decisive matter in the choice then go for HB.

When I'll be building another Su-34 then my choice is going to be a HB kit, I can get over the resin nose cone. 

Edited by Tapchan
  • 11 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 8:34 AM, salomon said:

There are a full of usefall cockpit photos and the other details of this aircraft:

https://yadi.sk/d/ijmgJKRruQT7w?fbclid=IwAR2WKBZsu71IMKxJs97iwU2jXtyEgWbD5HSTI0_ysbalYYuJNgmxcgFnHYE

Hi,

Does anybody have access to this link again? It is not available anymore

Juan

Edited by solher1