1/48 - Douglas A2D Skyshark by Clearprop models - box art+3D renders+sprues - release in 2020

Wow, good timing, i was just looking at ordering the Dynavector kit, I'll hold off and see what this ones like instead 😄 

On 5/3/2019 at 12:00 PM, DDC said:

Wow, good timing, i was just looking at ordering the Dynavector kit, I'll hold off and see what this ones like instead 😄 

I sold my Dynavector kit not too long ago. I guess good timing on my part as well. Got a good price for it too.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:59 PM, SinisterVampire319 said:

Nice!
Remember seeing the old Microscale kit on the shelf when I was a kid back in the 1970's. Never got it though.
Would definitely get this one though.

Still have two of those MicroScale kits and really looking forward to seeing this kit available.  The sooner the better. 

• 2 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Clearpropmodels/posts/2736491426633339

А lot of people ask us how the production of the SkyShark A2D on the 1/48 scale, which we announced a year ago, is going on. We answer - everything is fine! We have finished the production of all 15 molds. in May we expect the first test castings and begin the test assembly of the model.

V.P.

Steve Ginter has a book on the Skyshark, vol. 43. Interestingly I received my copy in my Dynavector kit box when I bought it. Since I have a rather large collection of Ginter Naval Fighter books I decided to keep it and include it in my library after selling the kit. 

It is not a very thick book but still packed with a lot of info on the Skyshark. There is one still left. I'm surprised the Navy has not purchased it for their museum.

• 4 months later...
26 minutes ago, dekon70 said:

An A-1E would be nice.

now I'm a big fan of the Tamiya kits, but with the detail I'm seeing I think they'd knock it out of the ball park! Going to call in a couple markers to get a good look at those two gas turbines and the gear reduction unit. I know where one is setting at Raymond and Tibbs in Indy. 

gary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...