A F-100F engine nozzle question

Hello all, I was looking at pictures of F-100D's and F-100Fs.  And in my Google searching and also browsing images, it looks like the F had a couple of different engine nozzles.  But I do not see in any of the pages I have found so far that show the F had that described what the variation was.  One has a 'bumpy' look to it and the other is the standard feather type nozzle.  Does anyone know what those different engine exhausts are?

Thank you.

Link from Nasa History site of the 'bumpy' nozzle:

https://history.nasa.gov/SP-468/p303.jpg

Link to photo from Howard Mason, found on a model review site:

https://www.modelkitsreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/f-100_thunderbird.jpg

Edited by IrishGreek

You can build an ANG jet if you want one. There are photos of them with the original iris-style AB nozzle, before they were fitted with the F-102 nozzle. I've got some shots of GA ANG and CT ANG jets. Look through F-100.org. You'll probably be able to find a few examples. 

Useless trivia: Dearly-departed Dave Menard once told me that some regular Air Force maintenance guys had suggested pulling the more reliable afterburner nozzle off of the F-102s, since they were being taken out of service, but the higher-ups said no. Later, a sergeant in the ANG suggested the same thing, it was approved, and he got a cash bonus. Dave was kind of grumpy about that. 😄

You don't mention what scale you're working in, but in 1/48, Aires makes a beautiful original nozzle for the Monogram kit and Sierra Hotel once showed photos of an F-102 nozzle for it. You could try contacting them to see if it's still available. The F-102 nozzle that's included in the Monogram kit looks pretty good, but it needs an interior. The one included in the Trumpeter F-100C kit isn't very good. I don't know why they included it with the C kit and not the D and F kits, since the only F-100Cs with the F-102 nozzle were some Aircraft Grey-painted AZ ANG jets. You can probably find someone with a C kit who will let you have their F-102 nozzle. I think Aires makes an original-style nozzle for the Trumpeter kit, too. 

Ben

@Ben Brown  I am looking at 1/72 right now.  I saw that there is a nozzle set for the 100D, but with my question above, I was not sure if it used a different engine/nozzle.  Now I know that what I was seeing was the 102 nozzle.

Great story about the maintainers BTW!