WTB 1/48 Monogram B-29---Found One Thanks Everybody!

Looking for a Monogram 1/48 B-29, complete.  Box condition not important as long as all the parts are there.  eBay is selling for too much money,  which I guess is the evolutionary process where once a thing becomes established as a source, the outliers who sell for low prices drop out leaving the ones who can afford to wait for big money.  Plus, kit sellers want huge money for shipping even if it's a CONUS seller. 

I'm on a budget and can pay about $50 for the kit plus shipping.  Let me know.  Thanks

Edit:  Cut a deal today.  Thanks to everyone who responded.  Much appreciated. 

Edited by VADM Fangschleister

I'll agree that some sellers want insane shipping for these..when I see $50-$60 shipping, those guys are smoking something, but the way USPS is with zone rates, shipping one of these coast to coast is not going to be under $20 like it was 5-10 years ago. In the same zone, yeah, probably $15 or less. It's a BIG box, so oversize rates come into play. I just paid about $18 shipping for a 1/48 PBY Catalina coast to coast,  and that's a smaller, lighter box than the B-29 kit.

I've been trying to find one as well cheap for a bashing project where I only need the fuselage, hasn't been easy. I missed the one someone listed earlier today for $25 by a few mins!

Edited by Charlie D.
20 hours ago, Charlie D. said:

Some shipping rates are ridiculous but the prices that people are demanding seem skewed to me.  But..."people will pay what the market will bear", I guess.

Oddly, the replies to my request are showing up 19 and 20 hours after-the-fact.  That's annoying. 

I have a tentative deal with a seller but will keep rpm1947 in mind.   Thanks very much.  Will let you know, rpm.

You do realize Revell themselves seemingly overnight raised the MSRP on that kit from 40.00 to 80.00. Plus as stated above shipping on that small coffee table size box from the last release aint gonna be cheap either....

But be patient sooner or later one will come along at a decent price....

Max Bryant