LF: 1/72 Plans for Aerospatiale AS 332 L1 Super Puma / Eurocopter EC532 Cougar

LF: 1/72 Scale Plans for Aerospatiale AS332 Super Puma / EuroCopter EC532 Cougar.  I have several Heller kits, and want to make different variants, but I know that there are many variations of windows, sponsons / wheels, etc... Any help appreciated.

So I thought I would modify my thread to add additional info and request.

Also LF: 1/72 decals for Los Angeles County Sheriff Aerospatiale AS332L1 Super Puma helos that replaced the SH-3H Sea Kings several years ago.

And I found the colors for Rescue 5. Dupont Imron 6000 paint, colors; April Green # L0359HL, Yellow# L0127HL, Signal Green # L0455HL, Carter Gold # L0388HL, and clear coat # 3480S.

R/ Dutch

220px-LASD_Rescue_5.jpg

Edited by Dutch
redefine topic

Nice find Dutch! I had always hoped an aftemarket company would show up with a conversion to turn the Heller 332 kits into a 225. Whirlybits did some nice conversions on the 'classic' 330 Pumas.

For the LA rescue bird I guess that one of the regular Heller Super Puma kits would do? Rescue 5 is the 332L version, right?

Good luck on the builds, keep us posted!

:cheers:

Gertjan

Gertjan,

Thank you for the comment.  I purchased a bunch (~6) Heller Bobkit AS332 Super Puma helos of various marks, all partially assembled, but without decals.  I then purchased two more of the Heller Bobkit AS332L1 Super Tiger civil version, primarily because I wanted to build a Bristows Super Puma and the LASD Super Puma. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the LASD Super Pumas has the large sponsons, so I had to switch around some of my kits for each project.  Here is my project list from Scalemates.  

R/

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
correct link

Hi Dutch,

That's an impressive list! I have been looking for Bobkit kits (and then the Bristow machine) but have never been able to find one. The Heller Super Puma kits have indeed different sponsons included, some of them both have the streamlined sponsons with the emergency flotation gear, and also the big sponsons included in one kit. Some only have the smaller sponsons. Quite a challenge.

Too bad though that there still is no 225- kit.

Best regards, Gertjan 

Edited by GeejeeZ
  • 3 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 6:54 AM, Dutch said:

I think I found a suitable diagram for my needs.

111.JPG

Hello aviators! Where can I find a continuation of this drawing? I am a model artist and I need this drawing. Please, help! Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by Abror

Sorry Abror, but the drawing above is all I have.  I do not remember where I got it years ago, except maybe it was from the defunct on-line Helicopter Modelers club "Scale-rotors" in Germany.  HTH, Dutch

Edited by Dutch