Hi there

The main thing about scale models of Douglas Skyhawk is that Airfix release them but in 1/72, and include Argentine AF decals on its early release and Argentine Navy Air Arm in latest release

image.jpeg.7fe22fcadacb652f237029e75e65bed3.jpeg

Best modelling 

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER
2 minutes ago, Nino_Belov said:

Thank you very much friend.I don't know just what to do.I like this jet very much....I have not done 1/72 model kit for some time...maybe 15 years..lol....Ok,do you how is the quality of that Airfix 1/72 A-4?

They are the new kind of moulds complete pretty nice I have 4 on the table

To do an Argie A-4B a few small mods are needed.

If you can track down either of the Hobbycraft kit or expensive Hasegawa they come with the parts needed.

You need some radio antennas the main one being the ADF antenna on the top of the fuselage. Its teardrop shapped and quite large Hasegawa supply it in resin HC in styrene.

There are several good builds online of the Argie Scooters.

Good luck!

On 5/3/2019 at 1:38 PM, Nino_Belov said:

Thank you very much friend.I don't know just what to do.I like this jet very much....I have not done 1/72 model kit for some time...maybe 15 years..lol....Ok,do you how is the quality of that Airfix 1/72 A-4?

They are the new kind of molds complete pretty nice I have 4 on the table

Well I'm in a process to cast the dorsal antena for the Argentine Air Force and Naval Air Arm as those are different between the B and C models in 1/72 and 1/48 scales feel free to contact me if interested

Best modelling

Armando

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, juanchopancho said:

I wish Hasegawa would repop the A-4B. Their Falklands kit is selling for $200 on ebay..

Yeah me too!

But, the other day I saw someone in facebook with a Beautiful A-4B. He used an A-4M and bought the specific sprues of the B model directly from Hasegawa. That can be a good alternative if you want to do an early model.

7 hours ago, juanchopancho said:

I wish Hasegawa would repop the A-4B. Their Falklands kit is selling for $200 on ebay..

Does the Falklands kit have other parts? The Steel Beach conversion will be about $7-8 if all you need is the nose and instrument panel. Maybe I should look into casting the other parts as well, though I'm not very well versed in foreign Skyhawks.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:28 PM, Darren Roberts said:

Does the Falklands kit have other parts? The Steel Beach conversion will be about $7-8 if all you need is the nose and instrument panel. Maybe I should look into casting the other parts as well, though I'm not very well versed in foreign Skyhawks.

Darren

Nice to know you are going to cast the B parts. I think you might try to include the dorsal antenna as that would make it a nice set. I have both the the Hasegawa and Hobbycraft A-4B kits so if you need any parts I can lend them to you for reference.

2 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Darren

Nice to know you are going to cast the B parts. I think you might try to include the dorsal antenna as that would make it a nice set. I have both the the Hasegawa and Hobbycraft A-4B kits so if you need any parts I can lend them to you for reference.

Any chance to get a picture of the dorsal antenna? It sounds like a pretty simple cast. I'll also look online and see if I can find pictures. Is it on US versions or foreign versions?

Hi Darren

You know mine principal thing about doing this is first to have enough of them for me, second to do some for friends and 3rd to use them for trade with other modellers

you can contact me at armandogiron@yahoo.com for that way I'll be able to send you photos but please understand that is on planing and drawing stagge

best modelling

Armando

On 5/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, Tato said:

Yeah me too!

But, the other day I saw someone in facebook with a Beautiful A-4B. He used an A-4M and bought the specific sprues of the B model directly from Hasegawa. That can be a good alternative if you want to do an early model.

I wonder how to do that, to buy some sprues directly from Hasegawa