Flying Leathernecks Decals FL35001 AH-1Z - Pre order link is HOT!

Pre-order link is HOT for FL35001!

From the emails and retailer inquiries, this sheet is going to move fast! Expected ETA for release is middle to end of June according to Microscale's time table.

Placement guides will be posted throughout the week and are going to the printer on Friday.

FL35001 Marine Skid Kid Zulu's

- 19 options, at least one from each HMLA and a few attached to MEU's.

- Stencils for the LAU-7 missile launchers, LAU-68 and LAU-61 Rocket pods and full AN/ALE-47 Chaff/Flare buckets.

- Data stencils for cockpit armor plates

NOTE**** Full stencils will be on sheet FL35002 and will include enough for two aircraft.

Multiple Marines from across the Skid Kid community assisted with reference photos and information to ensure the markings were correct, to include the fonts used for some markings. Various squadrons S-5 Officers, Maintenance Control, Air Frames, Ordnance and QA Marines made this possible.

The sheet measures 8.5 x 11 and retails for $20.00. Will include full color placement guides, as well as holographic self adhesive vinyl pieces for the turret glass (enough pieces to do 4 aircraft).

FL35001-AH-1-Z.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof
1 hour ago, strikeeagle801 said:

So you have to buy both FL35001 AND 002 to get full aircraft markings? 

Aaron 

Not necessarily. You can use the stencils on the kit decal sheet. The main difference is mine are a bit more thorough as they include all of the access panel numbers. 

1 hour ago, One-Oh-Four said:

Hi Dave, got the Zulu yesterday and pre-ordered your sheet 35001 today. When do you expect the stencilling sheet 35002 to be available?

Thanks!

Erik.

A couple of weeks after the 001 is released. I completely overlooked the fact that several stencils were applied to the aircraft multiple times! As an example, I had 1 (one) 'NO STEP' marking on the stencil sheet.......there are 18 of them on the air frame!! Once I fix my F up, I'll send it to Microscale.

Hahaha, they better could’ve put on the warning “Don’t tread on me!” 😛

I’ve seen builds where the stencils seemingly disappear on top of the light gray, so I’m happy that the sheet will be available shortly!

• 5 months later...