Super Hornet mission question

I've finishing my 1/48 Hasegawa E/A-18G Growler (AMAZING KIT) and am thinking about starting in on my "E" model.  My question is this:  I have been doing a little research and cant seem to find info on how, or if, the Navy splits missions between the E and F models.  Does anyone know if they are used interchangably, or are certain missions such as CAP and interdiction divided between the 2.  I do know the F models took over the FAST FAC role from the F-14, but thats about all i can dig up.

Thanks,

Matthew

They seem to be pretty much interchangeable.

I believe Foxtrots may get more SHARPs pod missions but I don't think exclusively from Echos.

-Gregg

16 hours ago, planeboy said:

I've finishing my 1/48 Hasegawa E/A-18G Growler (AMAZING KIT) and am thinking about starting in on my "E" model.  My question is this:  I have been doing a little research and cant seem to find info on how, or if, the Navy splits missions between the E and F models.  Does anyone know if they are used interchangably, or are certain missions such as CAP and interdiction divided between the 2.  I do know the F models took over the FAST FAC role from the F-14, but thats about all i can dig up.

Thanks,

Matthew

There are only 2 missions specific to the Foxtrot: FAC-A and Rescue Mission Commander.

Every other missions are splitted between Rhino squadrons in a CVW.

I was talking to a RIO from VFA-2 at the Travis AFB Air Show a few weeks ago (VFA-2 brought two Fs for display). Her response to the same question was that the Fs do the fast FAC role as a unique mission set as the second crew member comes in handy. They can work the radios and the sensors and the pilot can focus on flying.