ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
HomeBe

1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Frazor" by Kitty Hawk - 3D render - in design

Great news, I heard the HPH kit was a bear to build.

Surprised Zvezda didn't pull it earlier, anyway good to see Kitty Hawk release it, I really like their latest releases.

This might be the 1st kitty hawk kit I buy. Looking forward to it. Is there a time line? Like this year?

Soopar!

That, the YF-23 and a "To be continue..." would be dandy.

Tony 

Posted (edited)

Even from little that can be seen from that single CAD - I can't say i am impressed. Wings look off, motor gondolas look off, spine (directly behind cockpit) looks off, stinger looks off, and something (not quite sure what) is off with the nose.

Also, considering the panellines on the nose and pitot and the wing tip design the only frames that can be built OOB is T-50-1 and T-50-2. And unless the canopy included is with a frame along the middle, that would leave just T-50-2 OOB. Even if all those mentioned sections will be modular in the kit, as it is now, basically one can only reasonably build "Phase one" frames, ie frames before T-50-6-2. From that one and onward ("Phase 2"), there were significant changes which would be hard to achieve with modularity so basically would need own tooling.

Edited by Berkut

Posted (edited)

😂

Su-57.jpg

Edited by HomeBe

11 hours ago, Berkut said:

Even from little that can be seen from that single CAD - I can't say i am impressed.

Could it be that it's not the final 3D model ?

20 minutes ago, Silver Seraph said:

Yes, it's a very early 3D model, not yet rendered.

You can compare it with SU-25's ones, very detailled, with shadows, rivets etc.

9 hours ago, Silver Seraph said:

One can make a very basic 3D model with all the shapes correct. Reworking all those things i mentioned require far more effort than getting it right from the start. And of course i see it is an early 3D model, which is why i didnt comment about the nozzles for example. If anything, the fact that there are already panellines on the model (no matter how simple) shows me they basically moved past the "get the basic shapes right" phase and has started the detail work. So unless they are willing to radically change the CAD - what we see, is what we will get, but with rivets.

Wait - is this the AMK F-14 thread ????

But it's made by Kitty Hawk.....

13 hours ago, HomeBe said:

😂

Su-57.jpg

Now it all makes sense................

12 hours ago, shion said:

Yes, it's a very early 3D model, not yet rendered.

You can compare it with SU-25's ones, very detailled, with shadows, rivets etc.

Su-25 ones?

6 hours ago, viper730 said:

But it's made by Kitty Hawk.....

But.....     redlines......

😎

10 hours ago, Berkut said:

One can make a very basic 3D model with all the shapes correct. Reworking all those things i mentioned require far more effort than getting it right from the start. And of course i see it is an early 3D model, which is why i didnt comment about the nozzles for example. If anything, the fact that there are already panellines on the model (no matter how simple) shows me they basically moved past the "get the basic shapes right" phase and has started the detail work. So unless they are willing to radically change the CAD - what we see, is what we will get, but with rivets.

And have we ever seen KH doing a radical rework of the CAD designs for the sake of accuracy? I don't remember a single instance, just half-assed small fixes.

7 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Su-25 ones?

Upper right image with yellow lines.

16 hours ago, Berkut said:

- what we see, is what we will get, but with rivets.

That's depressing. Are the rivets truly compulsory?

Am looking fwd to the Zvezda 1/72 offering to see what they do. 

Tony

On 5/10/2019 at 7:47 AM, Inquisitor said:

And have we ever seen KH doing a radical rework of the CAD designs for the sake of accuracy? I don't remember a single instance, just half-assed small fixes.

I am not sure, but i dont believe they have. They did at some point promise to update/rework MiG-25 (which was a goddamn atrocity) but it never happened. I haven't taken a detailed look at either their Su-35S or Su-34, but overall those seems passable although unremarkable other than the head-scratching decision of offering no "resting position" exhaust nozzles for Su-35S.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, tony.t said:

That's depressing. Are the rivets truly compulsory?

Am looking fwd to the Zvezda 1/72 offering to see what they do. 

Tony

I very very looking forward to that one, considering i have been waiting for one ever since first T-50 flight. No, first Zvezda kit doesnt count and neither does the HB one.

Have been meaning to contact Zvezda to offer help/guidance on the new T-50/Su-57 kit but havent gotten around it.

5 hours ago, Berkut said:

I am not sure, but i dont believe they have. They did at some point promise to update/rework MiG-25 (which was a goddamn atrocity) but it never happened. I haven't taken a detailed look at either their Su-35S or Su-34, but overall those seems passable although unremarkable other than the head-scratching decision of offering no "resting position" exhaust nozzles for Su-35S.

I very very looking forward to that one, considering i have been waiting for one ever since first T-50 flight. No, first Zvezda kit doesnt count and neither does the HB one.

Have been meaning to contact Zvezda to offer help/guidance on the new T-50/Su-57 kit but havent gotten around it.

Berkut, have you offered help to

Kittyhawk on there Su-57/ Su-25?

I have not. If they reach out and have specific questions/need help i can help out, but otherwise based upon previous experience i don't plan to do so myself.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:31 PM, Silver Seraph said:

I heard the HPH kit was a bear to build.

It is, it's a great kit and I loved every minute of building it despite the challenges.

I would be grateful for a plastic 1/48 Su-57 as I would love to do a couple more, later ones with a different schemes but do not have the energy to do another HPH Pak-FA. making anything other than the first two jets would be a ton more work.

G4zgQI4.jpg

I wouldn't mind building a 1/48 Su-57. Just to have something to look at as a sample of another Stealth platform.