What is your favorite genre, scale, manufacturer, kit?

Read the previous post about most popular model.  That is a very open ended question.  I thought about most popular to each person.  I'll start.

Diehard 1/48 aircraft.

I like Monogram kits for their simplicity in most cases, value, and faithfulness to the subject. (before cad design and lasers)

Can I name 1 kit...P-47D.  I''l go with that.

Genre: As for my favorite genre I'd say its probably a fairly equal split between aircraft and armor...though armor gets an ever so slight edge if I'm being honest.

Scales: 1/48 for aircraft and 1/35 for armor.

Manufacturer: Honestly I build whatever I want from whatever manufacturer I fancy. For example, I'm currently building a 1/35 ESCI Israeli Tiran and a 1/35 Lindberg Syrian T-55...two kits many armor builders won't even think about touching but looked interesting to me.

Kit: That's too tough a question as I get enjoyment from a lot of kits, and most often from kits that are old/classic or ones many modelers pass over or deem not worth the time.

Happy modeling all!

Don

Genre: Photo-reconnaissance aircraft (ASAE), Thai aircraft (Military & Civil, ASAE), Thai armor (1/35).

Scale: 1/48 preferred, but will build any scale if the subject I want is in a different scale.

Manufacturer:  Anybody except Hobby Booboo or Trumpeter (Unless they are the ONLY manufacturer of the subject I am interested in).

Kit: Hasegawa 1/48 recce Phantoms.

Larry

Genre: Used to be airplanes, but I burned out on them after building them for 50 years and switched to race cars about a year ago. I’ll probably eventually build an airplane again someday. I like post-war USAF and USN planes up through the Gulf War and airliners. Race cars lean toward modern GT cars.

Scale: 1/48 for airplanes, and I try to go with 1/144 for anything bigger than an F-4. 1/24 for the cars.

Favorite manufacturer:  I’m not too picky. The subject is usually the deciding factor for me. I do seem to have a lot of Monogram and Hasegawa kits in the display case and in my stash. There are a couple of companies I dislike and will build them only if  I really want the subject and there is no other alternative.

Favorite kit:  Tie between the Monogram F-100D and the Hasegawa F-4E.

Ben

My favorite scale for ships is 1/350 and planes is a toss up between 1/144, 1/72 and 1/48 as I have planes in all three scales, airliners, big bombers and transports are 1/144. Favorite genre is large four or more engine aircraft, most of which in 1/144 scale. For WWII 1/48 scale aircraft Revell/Monogram, I have all their big WWII planes, B-17F and G, B-24D and J, B-25H/J gun nose/J glass nose, B-26, B-29, C-47, PBY-5A, JU-52, A-26B and C, PV-1 and non WWII B-58 and 2 B-1Bs.

I mostly build 1/72 aircraft, but I have done some 1/35 armor and 1/700 warships

Genre: Mostly post WWII third world air forces and small wars, US ANG aircraft.

Favorite Manufacturer: I don't have a preferred manufacturer, they've all come out with some good kits, and some real dogs. I look for best (list your kit here) in scale.

1/32 is my scale of choice.  I have a wide variety of WWII and jets.  Seems that all I build is my jets.  Phantoms and F-16’s seem to be the biggest collection and built kits.  

Got quite a few science fiction kits, only built a couple so far.  

Genre is WW2 Aviation only

Scale is 1/32

Manufacturer, mainly Special Hobby and Hasegawa, the former for their different subject matter and the latter for buildability.

Favourite kit, anything to do with Spitfires.

Cheers

Dennis

Genre:  U.S. planes from WW2 to 1950s (love the nose art of WW2 and the flashy paint schemes of the early jets)

Scale:  1/48 (big enough for great details that I can see with my bad eyes and small enough to not take up too much space on the shelves)

Manufacturer:  Monogram (best bang for the buck)

Kit:  Tie between the F-89C and F-86D (love those early jets in the days before computers and algorithms designed everything)

Favorites (non-exclusive):

Genre:  WWII aircraft (predominantly naval subjects, USA & Japan)

Scale:  1/48

Manufacturer:  Revell/Monogram, Tamiya (this is still an open category for me - there are many manufacturers whose kits I haven't built yet in the modern era ... )

Kit:  Douglas SBD Dauntless (what else?)

I favor Aircraft in 48th scale.  Until someone does better, Tamiya is the BEST!!  They set that bar VERY high for others to follow, like Monogram once did.

Kit????  Geesh, ..... ????

Bo

Genre: Multi-seat military aviation (if there's such a thing).

Scale: Die hard 1:48

Manufacturer: Monogram, can't give any solid argument on why, I just love them.

Kit: Monogram Prowler, Two on the stash but never build one, go figure.

Carlos

I build a bit of everything and in all scales,  but my favorites are 1/72 aircraft and 1/35 armor. most of my builds are WW II or Cold War subjects.

Favorite manufacturer is Tamiya. I wish they would do more in 1/72. Eduard is a close second.

I don't think I have a favorite kit.

Ok, I'll play.  

Genre:  Post WWII jets, especially the Russian examples, heavily biased to the flanker family. 

Scale: 1:48

Manufacturer:   I don't know, I'm too new to have a favorite.  I'll just say any manufacturer that puts out a quality kit, because in the end, that's what I care most about. 

Kit:  GWH Su-35.  My first "real" build since getting back into the hobby after building (ehh, throwing together) models as a kid (and yes, they were mostly flankers).   I guess you can say this kit is my benchmark for quality.  But, still, irrelevant, because I haven't even finished my second "real" build yet, which is an Eduard Mig-21SM. 

Genre: Modern US equipment

Favorite Scale: 1/48 for airplanes, 1/35 for armor

Brand: I never had much brand loyalty. If a brand came out with a better kit, I'll build it. (Looking at you, Academy F-15E's. Revell is better. Tamiya's F-16 are better than Hasegawa, etc.)

But truthfully, since Bandai released their line of Star Wars kits, most of my answers have changed. I've enjoyed the hell out of building anything Bandai has from the Galaxy Far, Far Away, in any scale. They really made modeling fun again. I don't have to put in 3 pounds of resin and PE, and the kits practically fall together. 

I'll play

Genre: WWII to modern fighters plus some multi-engine props though rare for me.

Scale: all scales mostly 1/48  and 1/72 for multi-engine props (P-3, KC-97 etc) unless you count 6 1/32 Tamiya F-4's.😀

Brand: Anything I can put VF-31 and VMFA-232 markings on but Tamiya and Hasegawa work best for me.

Kit: 1/48 Tamiya F-14A/D, Has. A-4's, F-18's, ZM F-4's

Don