New Gunze Super Metallic 2

3 hours ago, Keroburner89 said:

I find this stuff so hard to spray. 

I think I need to thin it out a bit more and increase the needle/orifice size

I have had the same problem. I asked Haneto, in his Su-35 build, how he was able to airbrush it so well. He told me what ratio thinner to paint he used. For the life of me, I can remember what it was and I can't find where I wrote it down. He definitely thinned it more than I was doing. Maybe 50/50, maybe more. You definitely have to thin it well.

7 hours ago, Mstor said:

I have had the same problem. I asked Haneto, in his Su-35 build, how he was able to airbrush it so well. He told me what ratio thinner to paint he used. For the life of me, I can remember what it was and I can't find where I wrote it down. He definitely thinned it more than I was doing. Maybe 50/50, maybe more. You definitely have to thin it well.

GSI Creos advise and japanese pro modellers use ratios between like to 2:1 and 3:1, ideally 2.5:1.

You can really thin lacquers like these Mr Color paints a lot without problem.

Good advice all round. Thanks guys. Now I have to write this stuff down and save it somewhere I won't forget.

Where can get "Rapid" lacquer thinner? Is it one of those automotive paint products? I've been using Mr Color Leveling Thinner for all my Mr. Color paints.