Mid-80s Civic - Tamiya Style

Anyone who knows me knows I love loser cars. There’s a lot of things that can make a car a loser, though. We know that Pintos explode, and Vegas melt down, Citations fall apart and anything that’s a mid-to-late-70s Ford can slip a gear and run you over in your own driveway. However, there’s more to loserness than just that. For me, a lot of loserness just comes from being no fun. I am someone who likes to drive, and likes to drive cars that are interesting. I have no love of “Soulless personal transport modules” that blandly do little more than move you from point to point.

For that reason, the mid-80s Honda Civics have always been losers to me. They had lots of ugly black plastic, and were these revvy, sputtery little econoboxes that even made Citations look stylish. Thus, when I had a chance to get one, I knew I had to have it for my loser car museum. While it might be mechanically sound, it’s still one of those cars that I hope we remember so we never go back to anything that bland again.

Check out my build of the Tamiya ’85 Civic below, and tell me what you think.

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/cars/tamiya-1-24-1984-honda-civic/

civic-027.jpg?w=400

Thanks, Whiskey. 

Sorry about putting it here. However, I don't know where it should go. I went to go to the "others" forum, but it was closed, and apparently all the stuff was scattered where it belonged. Problem is, I can't figure out WHERE this thing DOES belong! 

If anyone knows and can move it, I'm certainly glad for the help!

I had an ‘85 Civic, I put 300,000 miles on it and then sold it for more than it was worth. Mine was a CRX and I still have a Tamiya kit of the car in the stash.   Someday.....

I have that CRX kit too, I think. The Ballade Sports CR-X1.5, right? 

What colour was your car?

You can't be Hondas for durability, but their high resale after that many miles never ceases to amaze me!

On 5/11/2019 at 7:42 PM, Faust said:

I have that CRX kit too, I think. The Ballade Sports CR-X1.5, right? 

What colour was your car?

You can't be Hondas for durability, but their high resale after that many miles never ceases to amaze me!

I have both the Ballade and the Mugen versions in the stash. 

Mine was a black over gray Si, the first fuel injected one. I autocrossed it for several years when I first got it.  When I sold it in ‘06 the guy asked me how much I wanted.  I said $500 and he countered with $600.  I replied “Deal !!!”.   🤝

Edited by habu2