Su-27 Flanker B, Hobby Boss 1/48

Time to get on with a build!
I had a rough start of the year and did not have much mojo for building but things are looking up, finally.

So I shelved the Ra´am for now and got on with this here Flanker instead 😄

I´m aware of its short comings but I´ll live 😄

IMG_4283_zpsmfupthiu.jpg

Lots and lots of lovely parts!

IMG_4285_zps5ekafxgf.jpg

IMG_4286_zpsciuxmugc.jpg

IMG_4287_zpscxygysco.jpg

IMG_4288_zpszotjcq4c.jpg

IMG_4289_zpseikg0l4g.jpg

And me being me I had to put some after market into the build as well...have some wheels on order since the model ame with horrible rubber thingies.

IMG_4290_zpsumffs1tm.jpg

Some PE mirrors and those rubber thingies.

IMG_4291_zpsmsq2jgnq.jpg

Stuff on sticks...

IMG_4292_zpssjdk5xhg.jpg

Glued some other stuff together and managed with at least three fingerprints 😛

IMG_4293_zpsblff5nmy.jpg

SO, it´s begun!

I was really happy with the fit of this kit. apparently there are a few shape issues, to me it looks ok.

I am looking forward to your build, always an inspiration for me to do better.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:45 AM, dylan said:

I was really happy with the fit of this kit. apparently there are a few shape issues, to me it looks ok.

I am looking forward to your build, always an inspiration for me to do better.

I heard about the shape issues... but compared to the old academy they are small fry 😛

I'll live 😄 I'm hoping for a fairly fast build 🙂

On 5/12/2019 at 4:49 AM, Mstor said:

I will watch this with great interest. I have one of these kits too. I will need all the advice I can find when I eventually build it.

Just take a seat and join in the fun 🙂

Oki...a little update 😄

I put together the nicely detailed nosewheel well...

IMG_4294_zpsicphuyaf.jpg

As well as the nose strut...really nice  and crisp goint to add some wire to tht later.

IMG_4295_zpstsrqdctt.jpg

Now, HB wants me to install the nose strut before closing the fuselage...I don´t want that, I want to add the nose wheel at a later stage and after it has been painted and detailed!

IMG_4296_zpsokebfmwx.jpg

So I´ll pay the price for glueing the well in place without the strut.... we´ll see how much it´ll cost me 😛

IMG_4297_zpsdwhzwpcv.jpg

On to the pit, first thing I did was losing the throttle so I had to make a new 😛

IMG_4298_zps8j35bo98.jpg

Since I´ll go all Aires over its hiney I hade to make room 😛 Thus I bring Fourth The Dremel!

IMG_4299_zpssjx2y57c.jpg

This will do nicely.

IMG_4300_zpso2g3ovnl.jpg

OK, black primer all over...

IMG_4301_zpsj4piwjpm.jpg

LAter I will try this baby...only heard good things about Akan so it will probably be fine 😄

IMG_4302_zpsc4yffdmc.jpg

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Aigore said:

Oki...a little update 😄

I put together the nicely detailed nosewheel well...

IMG_4294_zpsicphuyaf.jpg

As well as the nose strut...really nice  and crisp goint to add some wire to tht later.

IMG_4295_zpstsrqdctt.jpg

Now, HB wants me to install the nose strut before closing the fuselage...I don´t want that, I want to add the nose wheel at a later stage and after it has been painted and detailed!

IMG_4296_zpsokebfmwx.jpg

So I´ll pay the price for glueing the well in place without the strut.... we´ll see how much it´ll cost me 😛

IMG_4297_zpsdwhzwpcv.jpg

On to the pit, first thing I did was losing the throttle so I had to make a new 😛

IMG_4298_zps8j35bo98.jpg

Since I´ll go all Aires over its hiney I hade to make room 😛 Thus I bring Fourth The Dremel!

IMG_4299_zpssjx2y57c.jpg

This will do nicely.

IMG_4300_zpso2g3ovnl.jpg

OK, black primer all over...

IMG_4301_zpsj4piwjpm.jpg

LAter I will try this baby...only heard good things about Akan so it will probably be fine 😄

IMG_4302_zpsc4yffdmc.jpg

Cheers!

If that's the water based version...proceed with caution. Adhesion will be an issue.

Hello Janne,

Wow! - There is another masterpiece coming from you :yahoo:

May I ask if you did already planned  what kind of scheme your Flanker will wear? 

Could I suggest an Angolan ( jungle camo),  Eritrean ( splinter camo ) or an Ethiopian (standard, very weathered scheme - MiG killer) bird? 

Greetings

Diego

1 hour ago, Diego said:

Hello Janne,

Wow! - There is another masterpiece coming from you :yahoo:

May I ask if you did already planned  what kind of scheme your Flanker will wear? 

Could I suggest an Angolan ( jungle camo),  Eritrean ( splinter camo ) or an Ethiopian (standard, very weathered scheme - MiG killer) bird? 

Greetings

Diego

Hiya Diego, long time no see.

I do have the African Flanker decals but this will be a standard Russian vanilla Flanker.

21 hours ago, Aigore said:

Can't tell about HB kit but I think the price is not too high. Used the same method on one of Flanker kits, don't remember on which one, and it worked really well. I usually don't touch one locating pin on a strut and cut other at angle so it is short enough to squeeze through and click into intended place.

Edited by Helmsman
2 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Can't tell about HB kit but I think the price is not too high. Used the same method on one of Flanker kits, don't remember on which one, and it worked really well. I usually don't touch one locating pin on a strut and cut other at angle so it is short enough to squeeze through and click into intended place.

We shall see...I can make the easy complicated and it gets complicated easily 😛

11 minutes ago, Aigore said:

We shall see...I can make the easy complicated and it gets complicated easily 😛

Measure 7 times, cut once. (Russian saying in my bad translation).