Jump to content

Su-27 Flanker B, Hobby Boss 1/48


Recommended Posts

Time to get on with a build!
I had a rough start of the year and did not have much mojo for building but things are looking up, finally.

So I shelved the Ra´am for now and got on with this here Flanker instead 😄

I´m aware of its short comings but I´ll live 😄

IMG_4283_zpsmfupthiu.jpg

 

Lots and lots of lovely parts!

IMG_4285_zps5ekafxgf.jpg

IMG_4286_zpsciuxmugc.jpg

IMG_4287_zpscxygysco.jpg

IMG_4288_zpszotjcq4c.jpg

IMG_4289_zpseikg0l4g.jpg

 


And me being me I had to put some after market into the build as well...have some wheels on order since the model ame with horrible rubber thingies.

IMG_4290_zpsumffs1tm.jpg

 

Some PE mirrors and those rubber thingies.

IMG_4291_zpsmsq2jgnq.jpg

 

Stuff on sticks...

IMG_4292_zpssjdk5xhg.jpg

 

Glued some other stuff together and managed with at least three fingerprints 😛

IMG_4293_zpsblff5nmy.jpg

 


SO, it´s begun!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Awesome!  I can’t wait to see what you will do with this 👍🏻👍🏻

Who knows, might convert It to än F-16! 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really happy with the fit of this kit. apparently there are a few shape issues, to me it looks ok.

I am looking forward to your build, always an inspiration for me to do better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will watch this with great interest. I have one of these kits too. I will need all the advice I can find when I eventually build it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 4:45 AM, dylan said:

I was really happy with the fit of this kit. apparently there are a few shape issues, to me it looks ok.

I am looking forward to your build, always an inspiration for me to do better.

I heard about the shape issues... but compared to the old academy they are small fry 😛

I'll live 😄 I'm hoping for a fairly fast build 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 4:49 AM, Mstor said:

I will watch this with great interest. I have one of these kits too. I will need all the advice I can find when I eventually build it.

Just take a seat and join in the fun 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 5:20 AM, caudleryan said:

He's back! I have the 2 seater, so can't wait to see you work your magic!

Thanx mate 😄 we shall see what happens 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ViperZero said:

I will watching this your new build with interest, so can't wait to see you in action. :popcorn:

You're welcome to a front row seat 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oki...a little update 😄

 

I put together the nicely detailed nosewheel well...

IMG_4294_zpsicphuyaf.jpg

 


As well as the nose strut...really nice  and crisp goint to add some wire to tht later.

IMG_4295_zpstsrqdctt.jpg

 

Now, HB wants me to install the nose strut before closing the fuselage...I don´t want that, I want to add the nose wheel at a later stage and after it has been painted and detailed!

IMG_4296_zpsokebfmwx.jpg

 

So I´ll pay the price for glueing the well in place without the strut.... we´ll see how much it´ll cost me 😛

IMG_4297_zpsdwhzwpcv.jpg

 


On to the pit, first thing I did was losing the throttle so I had to make a new 😛

IMG_4298_zps8j35bo98.jpg

 


Since I´ll go all Aires over its hiney I hade to make room 😛 Thus I bring Fourth The Dremel!

IMG_4299_zpssjx2y57c.jpg

 


This will do nicely.

IMG_4300_zpso2g3ovnl.jpg

 

OK, black primer all over...

IMG_4301_zpsj4piwjpm.jpg

 

LAter I will try this baby...only heard good things about Akan so it will probably be fine 😄

IMG_4302_zpsc4yffdmc.jpg

 

 

Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aigore said:

Oki...a little update 😄

 

I put together the nicely detailed nosewheel well...

IMG_4294_zpsicphuyaf.jpg

 


As well as the nose strut...really nice  and crisp goint to add some wire to tht later.

IMG_4295_zpstsrqdctt.jpg

 

Now, HB wants me to install the nose strut before closing the fuselage...I don´t want that, I want to add the nose wheel at a later stage and after it has been painted and detailed!

IMG_4296_zpsokebfmwx.jpg

 

So I´ll pay the price for glueing the well in place without the strut.... we´ll see how much it´ll cost me 😛

IMG_4297_zpsdwhzwpcv.jpg

 


On to the pit, first thing I did was losing the throttle so I had to make a new 😛

IMG_4298_zps8j35bo98.jpg

 


Since I´ll go all Aires over its hiney I hade to make room 😛 Thus I bring Fourth The Dremel!

IMG_4299_zpssjx2y57c.jpg

 


This will do nicely.

IMG_4300_zpso2g3ovnl.jpg

 

OK, black primer all over...

IMG_4301_zpsj4piwjpm.jpg

 

LAter I will try this baby...only heard good things about Akan so it will probably be fine 😄

IMG_4302_zpsc4yffdmc.jpg

 

 

Cheers!

 

If that's the water based version...proceed with caution. Adhesion will be an issue.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Janne,

 

Wow! - There is another masterpiece coming from you :yahoo:

May I ask if you did already planned  what kind of scheme your Flanker will wear? 

Could I suggest an Angolan ( jungle camo),  Eritrean ( splinter camo ) or an Ethiopian (standard, very weathered scheme - MiG killer) bird? 

Greetings

Diego

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diego said:

Hello Janne,

 

Wow! - There is another masterpiece coming from you :yahoo:

May I ask if you did already planned  what kind of scheme your Flanker will wear? 

Could I suggest an Angolan ( jungle camo),  Eritrean ( splinter camo ) or an Ethiopian (standard, very weathered scheme - MiG killer) bird? 

Greetings

Diego

Hiya Diego, long time no see.

I do have the African Flanker decals but this will be a standard Russian vanilla Flanker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Aigore said:

Yuk....  but what ever floats your boat 😄

 

Adding popcorn to the list of model building date snacks! 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Aigore said:

So I´ll pay the price for glueing the well in place without the strut.... we´ll see how much it´ll cost me 😛

Can't tell about HB kit but I think the price is not too high. Used the same method on one of Flanker kits, don't remember on which one, and it worked really well. I usually don't touch one locating pin on a strut and cut other at angle so it is short enough to squeeze through and click into intended place.

Edited by Helmsman
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Can't tell about HB kit but I think the price is not too high. Used the same method on one of Flanker kits, don't remember on which one, and it worked really well. I usually don't touch one locating pin on a strut and cut other at angle so it is short enough to squeeze through and click into intended place.

We shall see...I can make the easy complicated and it gets complicated easily 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Aigore said:

We shall see...I can make the easy complicated and it gets complicated easily 😛

Measure 7 times, cut once. (Russian saying in my bad translation).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna tune in as well. I unloaded my HobbyBoss flanker a few months back expecting to build one of the new ones from Kitty Hawk and GWH. I have too many kits as it is....and so little time......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...