Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Aigore

Su-27 Flanker B, Hobby Boss 1/48

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I'm gonna tune in as well. I unloaded my HobbyBoss flanker a few months back expecting to build one of the new ones from Kitty Hawk and GWH. I have too many kits as it is....and so little time......

You are very welcome 🙂

don't we all...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aigore said:

Hiya Diego, long time no see.

I do have the African Flanker decals but this will be a standard Russian vanilla Flanker.

Hi Janne,

Cool  :coolio:

Can't wait to see the results...make it heavily weatered, pleease :woot.gif:

greetings

Diego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Diego said:

Hi Janne,

Cool  :coolio:

Can't wait to see the results...make it heavily weatered, pleease :woot.gif:

greetings

Diego

You know me 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is gonna be good! :thumbsup:

 

On 5/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, Aigore said:

You know me 😉

 

Which is why he suggested African (--> desert) schemes. But you wouldn't bite. 👎

 

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChernayaAkula said:

This is gonna be good! :thumbsup:

 

 

Which is why he suggested African (--> desert) schemes. But you wouldn't bite. 👎

 

😉

You Think? No preassure ... 😛

No, I'd like to do the Su-30/27 UB scheme...I don't have that particular flanker in my stash... yet 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to hockey there will only be a small update today 😛 Go team Finland!!!


I tried shooting Akan paint for the first time, I mixed it with a couple of drops of retarder and my usual favourit window cleaner to a 40/60 mix.

It went on like a charm and atomised beutifully, really fine pigments in this.


I begun with some detail painting in black as well...next a wash, a dry brush and further detailpainting.

IMG_4303_zps2ad9afrv.jpg

IMG_4304_zpswyj9vqyg.jpg

IMG_4305_zpspypas8f8.jpg


Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good so far Janne! Looks like you still have what it takes to produce quality looking models! Please keep us updated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Qian said:

Looking good so far Janne! Looks like you still have what it takes to produce quality looking models! Please keep us updated!

Thanx Qian 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work so far! 

 

Are you going to use the included cockpit decals? They fit a treat and really make the cockpit pop. 

 

30060785720_df5d2f8558_b.jpg

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Great work so far! 

 

Are you going to use the included cockpit decals? They fit a treat and really make the cockpit pop. 

 

30060785720_df5d2f8558_b.jpg

 

Mark

That was the plan 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awesome !  Looking fwd to further updates. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 7:52 AM, konbini said:

Looks awesome !  Looking fwd to further updates. 

 

 

Thanx kombin 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm....those instrument decals were actually good, who knew...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, mario krijan said:

Nice work ao far!! Cant wait for more!!

 

On 5/29/2019 at 9:34 PM, kurnass77 said:

Lovable pit my friend!:thumbsup:

 

Gianni

THanx Mario and Gianni 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another weekend another meager update 😄

as I mentioned I went with the instrument decals...and I wasn´t disapointed, they went down fabulously!

IMG_4306_zpsn1edvez9.jpg

IMG_4307_zpsjxc4ghit.jpg


Did a bit of worn effect...

IMG_4308_zpsnifc3czw.jpg

 

And some wash, drybrushing and a flat coat later they looked like this.

IMG_4309_zpsymkuw9hd.jpg

IMG_4310_zpsbydlwtjp.jpg


Installed the pit...

IMG_4311_zpsvhavk1m7.jpg

IMG_4312_zpsngfixwam.jpg


And closed the fuselage.

IMG_4314_zps57yjeg9p.jpg


Cheers!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work!

I know it is late now but the leg pads (or what ever you call them) should be dark green. Dont ask me why, it is a strange Russian thing I suppose . . . It is like that on all 27's and even on Su-35. It has some ribs on it, so usually only the rib surface gets worn. Sorry. I only seen your build now, so did not have the chance to help with this.

 

Something that you can change with a drop of paint is the front of the area under the windshield. They had a textile cover there, similar to F-14 over the front half. It should be black when new but with time and sunshine it can go all the way to light sand colour. And since your aircaft is going to be a well weathered  example I expect that it is not a factory fresh black textile. There is still time to change this before you glue the windshield in place.

 

But dont bother about my comment have fun building it. :)))

 

Best regards

Gabor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Nice work!

I know it is late now but the leg pads (or what ever you call them) should be dark green. Dont ask me why, it is a strange Russian thing I suppose . . . It is like that on all 27's and even on Su-35. It has some ribs on it, so usually only the rib surface gets worn. Sorry. I only seen your build now, so did not have the chance to help with this.

 

Something that you can change with a drop of paint is the front of the area under the windshield. They had a textile cover there, similar to F-14 over the front half. It should be black when new but with time and sunshine it can go all the way to light sand colour. And since your aircaft is going to be a well weathered  example I expect that it is not a factory fresh black textile. There is still time to change this before you glue the windshield in place.

 

But dont bother about my comment have fun building it. :)))

 

Best regards

Gabor

Great to have you on board Gabor 😄

Was actually wondering if they were some kind of mats but I called artistic license and painted them worn 😛 Won't show much with the bang seat in place.

Now the IP-cover tho, it'll show......you wouldn't sit on any pictures on how it can look?

I really appreciate your input Gabor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Aigore,

 

At quick notice this is just a sketch of what it should look. I don’t know how much time do you want to invest into this. There is a frame ( a kind of open legged U shaped) at the front. The textile cover is attached to this. At the back there are three straps on each side which attach to the instrument panel cover and tighten the textile. But on most aircraft it slacks and is like all covers of this sort, like on F-14 for example so it should not be as “square and proper” as it is on the original kit. I think a small blob of Milliput can be shaped to represent this.

And your Master weathering will result in something sensational! :)))))

 

The frame has two supports coming from the front wall, which could be made from plastic strips.

 

A9lb59H.jpg

 

Hope this helps.

 

Best regards

Gabor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ViperZero said:

Aigore great start,this cockpit looks really great for me. :banana:

Thanx ViperZero 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I´m spoiling you rotten, another update the same weekend 😛


Puttied it up in well chosen places...didn´t need much putty this, rather nice fit actually.

IMG_4315_zpsnfqiw6oe.jpg

IMG_4316_zpscuqu6snr.jpg


A frame made out of plastic rod appeared suddenly.

IMG_4317_zpswzryjbll.jpg

 

And some foil on top of that...

IMG_4318_zpsyzey4oqd.jpg

 

Some tape strips and trimming...

IMG_4319_zpsoy9hiyht.jpg

 


Paint and a drybrush

IMG_4320_zpsd0h7lkqg.jpg

 

On with the HUD and spiced it with lead wire and put down a wash on the IP-shroud...a bit more drybrushing later.

IMG_4322_zpstfa50kjk.jpg

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aigore said:


A frame made out of plastic rod appeared suddenly.

IMG_4322_zpstfa50kjk.jpg

 

Cheers!

 

 

Strange things happen over night at your place!!!! :rolleyes:   :)))))   :thumbsup:

 

Best regards

Gabor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

 

 

Strange things happen over night at your place!!!! :rolleyes:   :)))))   :thumbsup:

 

Best regards

Gabor

Indeed.....just be the plastic-rod-frame-fairey that has been visiting 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...