• 2 weeks later...

You and me both. I have read such great reviews of the Academy CH-53E and it's brother, the MH-53E, I too am looking to buy one. Unfortunately for me, I can't afford to buy for another few months, maybe even then, I won't have the cash. Seems very hard for me to find even $100 for a kit these days. 😟

Gold luck in your quest,

Anthony

13 hours ago, dangerdan87 said:

. Found a 1/48 CH-53GA for $40.

Is the kit Academy? $40 dollars seems like one of those "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" kind of things. My next question, do they have more than one?

Cheers,

Anthony

4 hours ago, Stalker6recon said:

Is the kit Academy? $40 dollars seems like one of those "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" kind of things. My next question, do they have more than one?

Cheers,

Anthony

Anthony

Academy only does the "E" Revell does the "G".

Don

I don't think Academy made anything in 1/48 other than E variants?

This one is a Revell....still hard to find. A GS version sold on Ebay (with aftermarket Cobra Co parts) for $300.

Found it on Hobbylink Japan. I was weary...seemed too go to be true. But they said they had exactly 1 ch-53 GA, and thats what I ordered. 

1 hour ago, dangerdan87 said:

Found it on Hobbylink Japan.

Well from what little I know, hobbylinkjapan is a safe online shop to buy from. An way, I will have to look up the Revell kit, I am only familiar with the Academy. Both the CH and MH kits have really good reviews. There are several build logs on this site and others, it truly is a beautiful machine.

I have photos from my vacations near MAS Cherry Point, NC. They would fly up and down the coast daily. The photos are buried on one of my many hard drives, but I don't have a working PC at the moment.

Anyway, I plan to build a MH towing the sled with a detonation underwater. The new water materials are so real. I only have the dream as of now. If I get the bird, then I will work on getting the supplies to create the underwater blast. Should be fun!

Thanks for the information gents,

Anthony

PS. Is this the kit you ordered?

129033-10149-pristine.jpg

Edited by Stalker6recon
Added photos
18 minutes ago, Stalker6recon said:

Well from what little I know, hobbylinkjapan is a safe online shop to buy from. An way, I will have to look up the Revell kit, I am only familiar with the Academy. Both the CH and MH kits have really good reviews. There are several build logs on this site and others, it truly is a beautiful machine.

I have photos from my vacations near MAS Cherry Point, NC. They would fly up and down the coast daily. The photos are buried on one of my many hard drives, but I don't have a working PC at the moment.

Anyway, I plan to build a MH towing the sled with a detonation underwater. The new water materials are so real. I only have the dream as of now. If I get the bird, then I will work on getting the supplies to create the underwater blast. Should be fun!

Thanks for the information gents,

Anthony

PS. Is this the kit you ordered?

129033-10149-pristine.jpg

They only had the GA. I was wanting the G or the G/GS, but I don't see a major difference between the three. I am going attempt to convert it the the D version.

Edited by dangerdan87