1/48 De Havilland Ghost, anybody make one?

Thanks  for the suggestion. 

Actually a Rolls Royce Welland in the F.1, never a Ghost or Goblin though the De Havilland Venom and Sea Venom had them as well as the Swedish Saab Trunnan. The one kit of the Tunnan has some engine parts but not very accurate and really just physical representations for when you look up the tailpipe or intake. 

I noticed the nice engine in the Meat-box kit and considered it but the mods I'd have to make kind of made it so that buying an expensive kit like that a little pointless.  However, I also considered casting the parts that might work and scratchbuilding the rest.  However....the project I'm prepping for may not need an engine to display after all for the access hatches all open downward and so you would never really see the engines in-situ.  I was originally of the opinion that they were accessed from above, but no. 

It would still be nice to have one to display, in scale, with the model.  I may just learn to carve sculpy and make my own castings.  I don't know.