ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Aircav1980

F/A-18F & EA-18G canopy masks

Starting a build of Trumpeters F/A-18F and would like a canopy mask set. Eduard makes one for the E/A-18 Growler kit Trumpeter makes but it is not listed as compatible with the F/A-18F. From what I see the jets should have identical canopies. Does anyone know if I can use the Growler mask set for the F canopy? I know I could just mask it the old fashion way but I really like using the pre cut masks to save time. Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, Aircav1980 said:

Starting a build of Trumpeters F/A-18F and would like a canopy mask set. Eduard makes one for the E/A-18 Growler kit Trumpeter makes but it is not listed as compatible with the F/A-18F. From what I see the jets should have identical canopies. Does anyone know if I can use the Growler mask set for the F canopy? I know I could just mask it the old fashion way but I really like using the pre cut masks to save time. Thanks in advance. 

They are the exact same parts.

What Dave said, but honestly, for something as simple as a Hornet canopy, I'm not convinced that it saves any time over the old-fashioned method.  I think that it takes longer to line up the precut masks on simple shapes than it does to cover the canopy and cut along the frames.  Even more so if the precut are in multiple pieces for one surface. 

Edited by Joe Hegedus