D&S F-8 Crusader Kindle version problems

Anyone purchased the new digital version of Detail & Scale’s F-8 Crusader and had problems with it? I’ve bought and returned it three times because all it does is crash the Kindle ap on my iPad. I’ve tried it on my wife’s iPad with the same results. When I tried to open it on my kindle ap on my PC, it crashed the ap and it wouldn’t open again until I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Tried a second time and had to reinstall the ap again. It must be a bad file on Amazon’s server, but I can’t find any contact info to get someone to do something about it. Two other books I bought from them at the same time opened just fine, btw.

There’s no way to contact Bert Kinzey to see if he can push Amazon from his end. If it’s a bad file on Amazon, he might be losing some sales.

Ben

I don't think it's a Detail & Scale issue but an Amazon issue and recommend you contact Amazon about it.

If you want to contact Detail & Scale you can try their Facebook page here;

https://www.facebook.com/milavnarc/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARBUSup_Uta7KjtDSblqxH-0Bw82_7EctJek9EOo3uWuzP_J0jstvPZumNyjIZFlpx1JCZmQlOYXSdbh

Here is their home page but the "Contact Us" is under construction so I'm not sure if it's any help but thought I would pass it along.

http://www.detailandscale.com/index.html

12 hours ago, Tracy White said:

Who would have thought we'd live to see the day where we have to reboot our books! The future something amazing, isn't it?

That's why I buy analog Kindles only, never have to reboot them and I never have to worry about the battery dying.😂

Edited by GW8345
22 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Anyone purchased the new digital version of Detail & Scale’s F-8 Crusader and had problems with it? I’ve bought and returned it three times because all it does is crash the Kindle ap on my iPad. I’ve tried it on my wife’s iPad with the same results. When I tried to open it on my kindle ap on my PC, it crashed the ap and it wouldn’t open again until I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Tried a second time and had to reinstall the ap again. It must be a bad file on Amazon’s server, but I can’t find any contact info to get someone to do something about it. Two other books I bought from them at the same time opened just fine, btw.

There’s no way to contact Bert Kinzey to see if he can push Amazon from his end. If it’s a bad file on Amazon, he might be losing some sales.

Ben

I work with Detail & Scale. I can send an email to Bert and Rock and see what they say.

Email sent. I'll let you know what they say.

Chris

Edited by Chriss7607
Additional info

Ok, that was pretty fast. Bert Kinzey's email response to me:

That’s an Amazon problem and it has to do with his iPad.  You need to tell him that lots of people are using it without difficulty, and it is important that you do so, because otherwise, people will think it is something common.

Bert
Show quoted text

I know that doesn't do anything to help you get your e-book, but that's what he said. He and Rock have iPads- I don't. The most I ever had digital wise was a Kindle Fire, so I can't help you out. I had problems downloading the F3H Demon book, I think it was, years ago and I had to contact Amazon technical support and ask them. They were able to sort it out. Interestingly enough, that was the only one I ever had trouble with. If you have any other problems or questions related to Detail & Scale, please don't hesitate to send me a message. I'll do my best to forward it up and get it taken care of.

Chris

Thanks for the replies. Chris, thanks so much for contacting Bert!

I’m not blaming Bert at all. It’s a problem with Amazon repeatedly sending a bad file, but I haven’t been able to find a contact with them to let them know it’s a problem. It’s also not just an iPad problem, since it also crashed Kindle for PC. Twice, on two different downloads of the file.

Since I’ve been able to open other ebooks I’ve bought from Amazon, I’ll just skip this one and stick with the old-fashioned, paper version that doesn’t crash my devices. 

Ben

Ben,

I had the same problem with a PC, an IMAC, and a MacBook Pro.  After downloading the book, Kindle wouldn't load on any of them.  Today I deleted the Kindle app from the computers, deleted their registration at Amazon, and downloaded the app again and re-registered them.  Kindle seems to be working fine now, including the F-8 book.

Regards,

Murph 

45 minutes ago, Murph said:

Ben,

I had the same problem with a PC, an IMAC, and a MacBook Pro.  After downloading the book, Kindle wouldn't load on any of them.  Today I deleted the Kindle app from the computers, deleted their registration at Amazon, and downloaded the app again and re-registered them.  Kindle seems to be working fine now, including the F-8 book.

Regards,

Murph 

That's what I had to do. It worked after that.

You're welcome about emailing Bert. Rock replied not long after he de did and pretty much said the same thing. I wish I could have been more of a help at getting your digital Crusader book. I'm personally happy that there is now a printed version. The digital ones are nice, but I prefer the old fashioned printed ones myself!

There will be more cool titles coming out in the future, so keep an eye out! 

Chris

Thanks for the replies! I'll give that a try later this week when I have more time. 

Chris, I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the pipeline! I usually prefer real books, but I've been very impressed with the amount of extra info and photos in these ebooks.

Ben

20 hours ago, Chriss7607 said:

That's what I had to do. It worked after that.

You're welcome about emailing Bert. Rock replied not long after he de did and pretty much said the same thing. I wish I could have been more of a help at getting your digital Crusader book. I'm personally happy that there is now a printed version. The digital ones are nice, but I prefer the old fashioned printed ones myself!

There will be more cool titles coming out in the future, so keep an eye out! 

Chris

Chris,

Is there any chance the F3H and new Colors & Markings books on the F-14 will be printed hard copy as well?

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

On 5/20/2019 at 2:36 PM, Chris the cabbie said:

Chris,

Is there any chance the F3H and new Colors & Markings books on the F-14 will be printed hard copy as well?

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

Hi!

In regards to the F3H Demon book, that one will eventually make it into printed from. As to when, I don't know. The thing with the Demon (and the Cougar book too) is that with the pilot reports and all of the squadron markings and history they're huge books. Bert and Rock have to figure out how to break them down to fit the page limits of the printed books. There was talk of doing a separate colors and markings for each which would help with the page count. But again, the how and when have yet to be determined.

I had to ask about the Tomcat Colors and Markings. That one will not be released in printed from. They said that with over 700 color photos it would be much too expensive to print.

I hope that answers your question.

Chris