UH-1Y 1/48 Kittyhawk hawk. Completed

looking good for sure. I like the tie downs on the tail rotor blades, if u dont mind i am going to borrow your idea for my helo. all i see missing is 2 pilots outside the helo. One helo to be proud of.

Oliver

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

looking good for sure. I like the tie downs on the tail rotor blades, if u dont mind i am going to borrow your idea for my helo. all i see missing is 2 pilots outside the helo. One helo to be proud of.

Oliver

I’ll be getting the helmets from Reedoak but don’t know what type the marines pilote use and if reed pal have them 

Yes brother you can do that not a problem 🙂 the tail rotor tight down are made out of paper and tamiya tape the ropes are stretch sprue. 

15 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

I’ll be getting the helmets from Reedoak but don’t know what type the marines pilote use and if reed pal have them 

USMC and USN use the HGU-84/P helmets.  Reedoak has them on walking/standing helo pilots, a couple seated crewmen, and as separate helmets, both w/and without visor covers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD6GSufhdyOqAf9FpFWlahgu84usn-5.jpghgu84-01.jpg

Reedoak

981772287.jpg981772283.jpg982021867.jpg

499464232.jpg596264783.jpg596277963.jpg

Beautiful work! Don't like small scales kits for low detail. But this one is beautiful! It reminded me of a time when I flew dozens of hours on this helicopter in Battlefield 4 game and fired from m134. Absolutely well done! Thank you for your work, friend!