Decal makers: Either of these ANG Vipers would be nice....

14 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

Where'd they go?

-Gregg

Gregg, they are spread between 113WG 121FS, 187FW 100FS, 177FW 119FS and 149FW 182FS.
86-0262 will from what I've heard go to 149FW 182FS but when she will appear in 149FW markings  is unknown.   

7 hours ago, jefropas said:

Pretty sure Jake put 262 on one of his last Viper sheets in VT markings....but I like 277 better...

Jeff

Do you mean the Speed Hunter Graphics 1/48? That's the only one I know of.  But I do 1/72....

Yes, I know 1/72 doesn't sell as well, I'm good friends with a decal producer.  But some 1/72 sheets do sell okay, i.e. anything with Jolly Rogers on them....and I could be wrong, but I ^think" folks have had some success with 1/72 sheets with really nice Viper selections.  

Just that, for my Vermont collection, I can't believe the most modern bird in the lineup is a PW powered F-16, with no representation of their glorious GE powered ones....

1 hour ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Do you mean the Speed Hunter Graphics 1/48? That's the only one I know of.  But I do 1/72....

Yes, I know 1/72 doesn't sell as well, I'm good friends with a decal producer.  But some 1/72 sheets do sell okay, i.e. anything with Jolly Rogers on them....and I could be wrong, but I ^think" folks have had some success with 1/72 sheets with really nice Viper selections.  

Just that, for my Vermont collection, I can't believe the most modern bird in the lineup is a PW powered F-16, with no representation of their glorious GE powered ones....

It would be nice to have a new one similar to the Fox One ANG sheets.  

2 hours ago, Niels said:

It wouldn't give you 86-0277 in the special markings, but otherwise easy to modify the tail number to fit the block 30's they flew as the markings are the same; 
https://modelingmadness.com/scott/decals/wp/wp72041.htm

No, not quite the same...the minuteman on the tail is in filled in with light gray; the Wolfpak sheet depicts much earlier when it was only a dark gray outline.  Plus on both sides of the intake are additional special markings.  Considered it already.

I think an ANG Wing Kings style sheet would sell well as there are quite a lot of 72 scale modellers around. I for one hunt through all the new 72 scale release hoping for ANG F-16 markings, especially now there have been some great special schemes lately.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:26 PM, Niels said:

Well, I can think of a decal maker or two that would disagree with that 😉

That's exactly the reason the late Eldred Mason of Bare Metal told me he had to quit doing ANG subject matter.  It simply didn't sell.

Fair enough, but I believe this is also related to the scale in question. 1/72 is simply not the mainstream scale for model builders, although it for sure make sense size wize