34th FS F-35A vertical fin markings - Help

Gents: I am currently building Meng’s 1/48 F-35A and I am planning to do it representing   34th FS markings. I have been collecting photos of some current squadron jets and I noted that on the vertical fin, on top of the ACC badge, there is some sort of artwork or fin flash markings I cannot see in detail in any of the photos I have found on the web. Does anyone have a clear close-up photo of one of the 34 jets sporting these markings?

Thanks in advance.  

Unless its really current, the 34th jets show up with blank fin caps. The 4th have their tails painted though. They often deploy with a mix of jets, not only their own. Could you have seen that, possibly?

181119-F-WJ663-1523.JPG

Edited by ST0RM
1 hour ago, ST0RM said:

Unless its really current, the 34th jets show up with blank fin caps. The 4th have their tails painted though. They often deploy with a mix of jets, not only their own. Could you have seen that, possibly?

181119-F-WJ663-1523.JPG

Hi St0rm: thanks for your reply. I think you are correct, I miss- identified the squadron. Looking hard at the photos the ones who had fin cap art are from the 4 FS, not the 34.  Looks like the 4th and the 421 are the only ones that have fin cap art.

45 minutes ago, KursadA said:

34th FS ("Rude Rams") aircraft do indeed have fin cap art; starting around mid 2018 or whereabouts. Here is a photo - you will need to do some perspective correction but it should give you enough to use as the basis of a custom decal design.

34th FS tail marking

Thanks Kursada!!! That fits my bill perfectly. I may end hand-painting it,  or doing some sort of airbrush template for painting because my Photoshop skill sucks.

• 9 months later...