Used Akan acrylic paints for the first time on a build.  Found they are overall pretty good.   They don't self level as well as Mission Model paints.  Used Mission Model thinner and poly on the Akan paints and that worked very well.  The paint can be thinned a lot so can make a small bottle go pretty far.  I was thinning more than 50%.  Looking forward to using Akan paints again.

For primer I applied Alclad II black base, then a thin layer of Mission Model black primer.   May think I'm crazy for applying a lacquer under a acrylic, but figured what's the difference in adhesion between bare plastic or a properly cured lacquer primer.  This worked very well in the end.

Soon will apply gloss coat to seal the paint.  Any recommendations or avoidance suggestions?

4 hours ago, boom175 said:

For gloss I really like aqua gloss by Alclad. Future is for floors.

I have Klear Kote by Alclad II, what's the difference beyond the name and that one is milky and other is clear?

Thank you :-)

The Aqua gloss is water soluble, but it dries very hard and self levels nicely. Just don't shake it, kind of counter intuitive for most modelers but that will introduce air bubbles in it. I have never tried Klear Kote so I cannot contrast and compare. Sorry