Question on Black Box 1/48 F-14D cockpit set

Has anybody tried using the Black Box 1/48 F-14D cockpit set in the Academy F-14A kit?
Will it fit without a ton of grinding?
Since I already have the Black Box cockpit set, I would prefer to save money by using it, instead of getting the Aires cockpit set.

Larry

True Details makes an F-14A cockpit that is pretty cheap. If you can measure and compare the black box cockpit with the kit cockpit and see if you have to make major adjustments to make it fit. I got the Aries F-14D cockpit into the Tamiya F-14D but I had to grind the Aries cockpit paper thin and it took about 8 hours of trial and error.

Dave

1 hour ago, ReccePhreak said:

Plus, it is designed for the old Monogram kit.

From what I have read the Academy kit (shape) was based on the old Monogram kit. 

Monogram and Academy kits are very different. Monogram looks like an F-14..Academy looks like well im not sure but its front end is a mess and a half making Trumpeters worst effort look like a silk purse.

13 hours ago, habu2 said:

From what I have read the Academy kit (shape) was based on the old Monogram kit. 

Where did you read that?

None of the online reviews mentioned that.

@Darren Roberts would be the man to discuss that with. I wouldn't venture to say that it was "based" on the Monogram kit but more like the two kits share a lot of common points of construction and assembly.

https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal10/9301-9400/gal9392-F-14-Roberts/00.shtm

http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=24651

Edited by Whiskey