From the Kinetic Facebook page:

C-17 still a long way to go. First the structural design need to be redesign as we don't have experience in the 'weight' of the wing and other parts before. Second, the 2018-2019 business condition is not too good for big price tag item (we have Lancaster, B-24 in 1/32 on the market in last 3 months!). We need time for modeler like you to recover the money! As long as we "active" the pre-order at LuckyModel, that means it is on the work bench already.

and later in the same thread replying to a comment from someone suggesting it will never be released

as a consumer you do not need to understand. But from the business position the buying power from the consumer has a limited budget within a period, therefore when the market has similar price tag item released, the buying power will be reduced. So we do not think this year is a good time to release the subject. As also the global market is affected by the US/China trade issue as well as Brexit, the consumer spending emotions may be affected. At the end the C-17 still going on the roadmap and it just need the right time to roll out. Just like our F-18 it takes 7 years from planning to release.

So expect it to be at least another year or two. In effect, other releases have been brought forward to bring in cash. Larger subjects like this are being pushed back until the international trade issue with China and brexit are sorted by the sounds of it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

I just saw on the Kinetic FB page that an announcement on this kit will be made at the IPMS Nats in a couple of weeks.

I'm very (pleasantly) surprised to hear that Kinetic will make an announcement regarding the C-17 at the Nats. I was under the firm impression that the whole project had been binned. 

7 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

I just saw on the Kinetic FB page that an announcement on this kit will be made at the IPMS Nats in a couple of weeks.

Hey, where on their FB page did you see this...looking and can't find any recent mention of the C-17. I hope it's coming ! Can't you post a link? Thanks for the heads up. 

13 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Is this for real?

7 hours ago, Phantom726 said:

I'm very (pleasantly) surprised to hear that Kinetic will make an announcement regarding the C-17 at the Nats. I was under the firm impression that the whole project had been binned. 

Thats what I thought too, and never to return...

6 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Hey, where on their FB page did you see this...looking and can't find any recent mention of the C-17. I hope it's coming ! Can't you post a link? Thanks for the heads up. 

Its in a reply Kinetic made to a post first made 31st Jan 2018 

"

8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor

Kineticmodel

Steve Collins we will have an announcement in IPMS National"
14 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Here is the thread and quote, change the comment sort from 'Most Relevant' to 'Newest' and you we see the Kinetic reply

https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/pfbid05L2rYWxt1daAFHTKNQNrRfhzVE1cPN6p2ADNei9Y2VZwug8v1EUGSLgYyknU1bSql

Edited by Trojan Thunder
9 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Here is the thread and quote, change the comment sort from 'Most Relevant' to 'Newest' and you we see the Kinetic reply

https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/pfbid05L2rYWxt1daAFHTKNQNrRfhzVE1cPN6p2ADNei9Y2VZwug8v1EUGSLgYyknU1bSql

OK, thank you! I was hoping it was something recent. Good to know.