konbini Posted May 25, 2019 Share Posted May 25, 2019 (edited) Good day folks, My second post after a long long time in lurk mode. Kit is a Tamiya 1/48 f-16cj. Constructing the basic block 50 of one of the birds in Misawa. Has been done by people before me by the hundreds, but here is another. This first post of the WIP is some pics I documented up until now. The aircraft is waiting for further progress (ie. When the wifey takes a few days to do lady things with her friends). Off topic: she doesnt know I have an airbrush and compressor. Its hidden inside the bed on the side without the drawers. If shes here, no big paintwork. Back on track, Goodies include: Eduard sets for the interior, exterior, and bays. Eduard missiles aim 9x,120c, 88 (still trialing them, some need a treatment of heat to dewarp the bodies) Eduard sniper pod KA models ge exhaust. I got the set for the f-14 but it butt fits ok to my inexperienced eye. Detail level is godlike. Comes with masks for the dark burnt areas on the outside. I cant recommend this enough. MM pitots and static wicks Other items are various gauges of wire, wave corp clear lens thing, for the hud. Ill update as this project progresses. Thanks! I hope the image picture stuff works. The insert other media came up as red for flickr so I posted just the link. Edit: got it to work from Imgur. Gotta do it one by one for now. Im still new to this. Removed original flickr link. to get best possible fit with rest of the build I figured best to do the intake and bay area myself, so finger grease and patience it is. After a layer of grey primer Mostly painted. And test fitted. After this I glued up the 4 part intake trunk, lots of CA and sanding and pouring, repeat, I put the bay in the belly, the other intake bits and nosewheel bay in, and closed it up. Unfortunately got lazy and didn't document that bit. Ill post finished intake mouth pics when I get the masking out. That's it all closed up. Legs were added in as well as the hydraulic plumbing. Sorry terrible angle. Cockpit area wip. Mostly eduard bits and scratchbuilding where appropriate. Glareshield and hud. Again Eduard bits. Lens is made from a wave brand clear lens thing. I tinted it with tamiya clear yellow/orange. HUD glass in place. The eduard ones were too thin (i think thats a first) so I used projector film. KA models fabulous cans. I first sprayed the whole thing with black primer. Followed by a glossy rattlecan spray. Outsides were masked. Insides sprayed white. Afterwards the masking was reverved and an Alclad mix of magnesium and pale burnt metal was sprayed. This was butt fitted to the tamiya part with copious CA. Masking, grey primer, black preshading, and hataka paints followed. This is where the model is now. Konbini Edited May 30, 2019 by konbini Quote Link to post Share on other sites
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.